Status
Not open for further replies.

87tbird50

Legacy Member
car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

EDIT: Those spots on the hood are just dirt, not rust.

Last edited:
hubcap.jpg

14" Steelies!

This is my first car; I'm 17. In the fall I found this 1987 Ford Thunderbird Sport for sale in the local newspaper. It is equipped with power windows, power drivers seat, power mirrors, cruise control, digital gauges, floor shifter (AOD automatic), and the Standard Output 5.0L V8 with ~155k on it. it was $500 Canadian. The same morning I looked at a Mercury Cougar with the same price, but it was in worse condition and had a smaller engine (V6); I chose the 'bird. This car has some body rust, needs a new heater core, has a cracked windshield, and the power locks do not function. I should have all these issues resolved by spring. It is spending the winter in the dust in my garage.

Nice bird dude... starting to think I was the only Thunderbird owner here.... If you need any info I know the Fox body and the mn-12's pritty much inside out.... if not I know others that do.

Last edited:
You should get that rust fixed. It's an easy Do-it-yourself job and it won't look that bad since it's pretty much flat pannels... start from the molding to the bottom, scrape everything up , put some putty to fill the holes, sand it really well with soft grain, apply primer and then a color match paint from NAPA and you'll be set to go! :bigup:
Clean car for the price! (tyhe inside looks amazing for the year)

Yeah I'm gonna be doing the rust this winter with my dad, he's done that kind of work on a lot of his old cars so it shouldn't be a biggie.

I just took apart the door to see why the power-locks don't work, and discovered that the whole unit had been removed by the previous owner! damn, no wonder it didn't work. LOL.

Lol... it should be easy to find tough, and maybe some from other fords would fit too... I know a scrap yard that you take off things yourself, it costs next to nothing...
If you want try to look for Nord sud auto puces and go there!
:bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back