19in mags on civic

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTi16V

Hi,I have 19 in mags that where on my maxima but I want to put them on a 1993 civic.Now the mags bolt pattern is 5x114 and the civic is 4x100.Is their anyway possible to make them fit?My friend told me that I would have to change the spindle or something.

Can it be done?
Where,if anybody knows wheir it can be done?
How much?
Is it a big job?

If anybody is wondering the mags are 19in Konig Verdict and the tires are 225/35ZR19.If anybody has any additionel info let me know.

You would need to change the whole braking system.....discs, calipers, hub, spindle. You could try to find scrapped Type-R brakes or 97up Prelude brakes

are you going to be driving the car or just having it sit somewhere and looking at it from time to time because your gona have a hard time turning the front wheels with 19's.

Originally posted by TURBO323
are you going to be driving the car or just having it sit somewhere and looking at it from time to time because your gona have a hard time turning the front wheels with 19's.
who needs fenders anyways...

Well I was planning on doing a little wide body.I see mostly poeple tuck in the back rim,I think the front is going to be a problem.I do plan on driving the car daily.Will I still be able to drop the car?

Originally posted by GTi16V
Well I was planning on doing a little wide body.I see mostly poeple tuck in the back rim,I think the front is going to be a problem.I do plan on driving the car daily.Will I still be able to drop the car?
It would be really hard, anything bigger than 17 inch is really hard to fit properly on that model civic. if it was a new model civic it would be a lot easier.

I didn't buy the car yet.I'm probably going to buy a civic coupe,dx or si.But I was also looking at an integra from 91-93.Would it be easier to fit the 19's on the acura?My friend works at Gabiel Acura,he is going to find out how much for type r brakes are going to cost.I think he gets parts at cost price,so basically I'm hoping to get a deal on the conversion.

225 wide tires are gonna rub like crazy on 19s on a civic. Daily drivable on top of that?? Its gonna be a bitch to drive that thing.
You might as well sell em and get some 17s and spend the money on a drop cuz dropping on 19s... I dont know.
Anyway its just my opinion. And integras have pretty much the same characteristics as civics. But its up to you.

19's would be sick but unfortuantely they are 5 bolt ..... the thing is that even if they were 4 bolt trying to fit them on a daily driver would be crazy because they would rub which means you would have to gut your fenders and roll the fenders......sounds like alot of work just to change the braking system and thats before you even start to worry about your rubbing problem.....too much money and too much of an inconvenience....

but thats just my 2 cents
NiGhTRiDeR

My friend from acura gabriel(the delership) just told me that its going to cost me 4500$ to do the conversion.I told him to forget it.No way I'm going to pay that much money.My mags cost 4100$,I bought them in may,now the best offer I got was 1800$.Today I bought an acura integra 91gs.No way are they going to fit.So I guess I'll sell,no point in keeping them.I think I'll go with 17's and slam it to the gound or buy 18's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back