Understanding offset

Status
Not open for further replies.

logik23

Legacy Member
This thread is to school some people in the art of proper offset. Some people here need to understand that putting 17x7 +45 rims on a 240 is a sacrilage and needs to be stopped asap.

First, for S13s.

17x9 +20 all around.
eb7f1fac.jpg

Front: 17x9 +0 Rear: 18x10.5 +10
P1140030.jpg

Front: 17x10 +0 Rear: 18x10, i think, maybe like +15
Hotness.jpg

18x9.5 +25
1029-003.jpg

Now for the S14

Front: 18x9.5 +7 Rear: 18x10.5 +15
DSC01002.jpg

Front: 18x9.5 +4 Rear: 18x9.5 -3
dscn00043gs.jpg

Finally for S15

cars-of-osaka-20050624031651474.jpg

Abomination:

2107625_10_full.jpg

avq51y.jpg

Last edited:
Cest pas tous le monde qui ont les moyen de ce payer des set de mag a 2000-3000$(pis on parle pas des pneus) avec un offeset qui a de lallure sur un rwd surtout sur une s13 avec le bolt pattern 4x113mm, ya pas grand choses de disponible.Limportant cest que le proprietaire du vehicule soie heureux de cest mag ,offset a chier ou pas.

lol sorry god :bow: there is no nono's in style some of the "greatest" car customizer made some ugly shit IMO and still they are famous as hell so you should be cautious when you make those kind of comments or almost "orders" because the staff on MR will shut you up quicker then I can shift and believe me that IS fast :D

Well the last part was kind of just a joke, lol, but still, you don't need to spend 4k to have decent mags, Spark is selling 17x9 +20 rims for 380 each I believe, you can get used rims in a good offset, www.splparts.com is selling 4x114.3 17x9 +20 FN10r-C or wtv they are called for cheap-ish. Anyways, this was more of a joke thread, but it's still true, sometimes you see nice stuff, but sometimes it's just really sad.

i have +36 offset on all wheels........... please tell me it look like shit and i have no taste then post a pics of your car whit your fast wheels will let people decide what offset is correct....
nouveau110.jpg

who are you to tell people what look is ok ???

ok, mister noob question here: id like to know what offset is =P been a while since im asking myself what that is... what am I looking for in the pictures above?

the first exemple is ok but the rest is a little too much... sure its great looking but expensive, me i got +30 all around for now and its not bad....

by the way wath kind of rim do you got logik!?

krackhead, your car looks damn nice, but you don't have a +36 offset, you have +21 in front and +16 in back, but 7.5 wide.......

t0aster, offset is the distance between the center of the wheel and where it bolts up to the car, the lower the offset, the farther out the wheel will stick out.

typeracer, I'm still running the stock rims, I have 58$ in my bank account, but when I do get rims, hopefully by next summer, I'll be getting 17x9 +20 in back and either 17x9 +20 in front or 17x8 +15. Also, +30 coul dlook good, depending on the width of your wheel, if you have 7 wide, +30 is gay, but 9 wide, +30 looks good.

although i find that most of those pics posted are to the extreme and not possible without neg. camber and fender rolling and pulling... there is still no excuse for having fwd offset rims on a rwd car. a lot of ppl don't know that there is a wide variety of inexpensive proper offset rims like the eagle alloys 028, koing rewinds, or even fast octanes... there's an even a more vast variety of old school wheels such as ssr longchamps xr-x mesh, formula mesh, reverse mesh, rikens, epsilons, southern ways, and even enkie... heck, if u got higher offset wheels atleast slap some hubcentric spacers on them!!!

explaining offset is kinda difficult without pictures...lets say the back of the face of the wheel (where the wheel attaches to the hub) is right in the center of the wheel (width-wise)... that would be a 0 offset... if the part of the wheel that attaches to the hub is further to the outside of the wheel that is a positive offset (like the proper offset that u would find on a civic or teg)... if the part of the wheel that attaches to the hub is closer to the inside of the wheel then that would be a negative offset... i hope that's easy to understand...

RoYaL FLuSH said:
heck, if u got higher offset wheels atleast slap some hubcentric spacers on them!!!

Anyone to who says they are to poor for nice rims remember this.

And fender rolling should be embraced, not feared, it's a 240 owner's best friend.

Wider track = more stability
You can also fit wider wheels with a lower offset = better traction

17x8 +25 front
17x9 +35 rear

dont forget, it doesnt all have to do with offset, it also has to do with stance
this car has tein s-tech springs, giving it about a 1.5inch drop, and it still looks jacked up a little.

silvia007.jpg

That S13 is sick....

And SteveS14, the reason that that S14 has huge wheel gap is the tires are to thin. Meatier tires would completly change that car....and a lower stance, lol.

logik23 said:
krackhead, your car looks damn nice, but you don't have a +36 offset, you have +21 in front and +16 in back, but 7.5 wide.......

t0aster, offset is the distance between the center of the wheel and where it bolts up to the car, the lower the offset, the farther out the wheel will stick out.

typeracer, I'm still running the stock rims, I have 58$ in my bank account, but when I do get rims, hopefully by next summer, I'll be getting 17x9 +20 in back and either 17x9 +20 in front or 17x8 +15. Also, +30 coul dlook good, depending on the width of your wheel, if you have 7 wide, +30 is gay, but 9 wide, +30 looks good.

i got 16 x 8 +30, and its some gtr rims so shut the fukk up :p

R32 GT-R wheels look good, 5-10mm spacers would make it look sick, but they still look pretty good.

ya de quoi que jcomprends pas... ya été dit qu'un offset plus bas permettait la pose de pneu plus large... un offset plus bas fait sortir la roue vers lexterieur du char right? donc la largeur supplémentaire serait ajouté vers linterieur du vehicule. mais le contraire marcherait ausis non? si la roue est plus vers linterieur du vehicule, ca laisse dla place pour ellargir la roue vers lexterieur non?

Pas vraiment, c'est dur a expliquer ici, mais ya un maximum d'espece vers l'interieur, mais ya pas de max vers l'exterieur (theoriquement). Si the max vers l'interieur est de 6", alors un offset de Honda va avoir les 6" au complet vers linterieur, mais avec un bon offset, on pourrais avoir 6" vers l'interieur et 3" a l'exterieur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back