mk3-4 gti, swapped 2.7t or 2.7tt

Status
Not open for further replies.

modena

Banned
like it says, would this be a good swap? ive been thinking about this lately, would there be any problems concerning a swap like this? i know the s4 motor is AWD, but the allroad or a6 2.7 are not all AWD, are they? :dunno:

edit i just found ALL audis are awd, now would a 3.0l fit in a gti?

Last edited:
tout est possible, mais il faut avoir le cash pour! la A6 dapres moi pas tout les models sont quattro mais la allroad je croit quel est seulement quattro:dunno:

ta juste a aller sur www.audicanada.com

for the price, i'd go VR6T instead of 2.7/2.8TT because the turbos are "bi-turbo" which I beleive are sequential. you might want to get ChuckS4 on here. he's got one and I beleive he moded it a fair bit.

Like everyone says, anything is possible. If you want to take on a project like that, might as well go with a Northstar V8 or an Inline 6 from a supra or BMW. I'm not being sarcastic here, what I'm saying is that there's a fine line between bolt-in and all out custom.

A B5 Passat would be a great candidate for a 2.7T. My dad has been contemplating this very swap lately. The B5 Passat and Audi's A6 share the same platform, and the 2.7T is available in the A6. Sure there would be some fabrication involved, but nothing like what would be involved to convert a VW with a transverse engine configuration.

In an MK3 I'd probably do-up a crazy 1.8T or a crazy VR6 ... Maybe even a multivalve VR6. (For some reason, these don't excite me, I don't know why).

Good luck!

The 2.7t is longitunal and the vr6 or all the other engine is golfs are transversal wich mean this is going to be a trulu custom swap as it wont even fit under the hood of the golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back