recherche zc lookin for a zc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y8 and whe also have 89 Integra engine (same as JDM ZC) so let me know what you want. I can also get you a Z6

It's the same engine you know if it's a JDM or USDM, the only difference was the ECU but same block and head. I think the cams where a little weaker in the USDM one but for a couple of HP only.

also it is not a bolt in affair with the us 1.6..
The ZC shares the same motor mount locations
as the 88-91 civic and cr-x..the integ engine
does not bolt in..the ZC has domed pistons
thus the slightly higher compression and a better flowing
intake,with more agressive cams..

Sorry I was sure it bolted in. Sorry I don't really know much about these engines. Instead of swapping in a ZC, why don't you just get a D16 from a 99 or 00 civic and swap it in there. You'll have the same HP and the engine will be like new instead of a 12 year old ZC. Not beeing an ass just wondering.

the d16 vtec has only 127hp and the vtec has to be wired
up to work,knock sensor,oil pressure..a zc is a cheap drop in..
and has 130-135 hp and i think 5-6 more ft\b torque..

x

bouncecrx,
try japan motor imports.
i saw a few there a while back,even had one with dual carbs,header,and aluminum flywheel!!!!
i didn't ask the price,but it's worth a call..

Re: x

sorry not 5.0 but gsr
Performance:

Expect to beat stock GS-R's if you have an intake, exhaust, and Integra ecu.

1/4 mile around 15.2-15.5 for a CRX with AC/sunroof/full interior with the above modifications. 15.6-15.9 for Civics with the same modifications.

Expect to run 14.7-15.1 with a DC header, AEM/ICEMAN or homemade cold air intake, good 2 1/4 exhaust, enlarged Tbody ,and integra ECU. CRX of course, add .3-.5 for Civic HB.

www.wco.com/~sosteen/mycrx.htm

zc

RICHIE,
it was a zc,
it looked crazy,
it must have been beaten to hell though...
zc are old...finding one that runs good is hard..
that's why we put a y8 in a crx and not a zc..
bounce,
if you get a z6 or y8,get the computer and it will have vtec..as for wiring it up...crx harness and 4 yes 4 wires..
i could get my friend to drive down with his and you could copy what we did...we first had it in a civic hatch(90) and it's in a rex now..
i might even be able to get you the old harness from the hatch,already wired.but it's not worth it b/c the wires you need to attach are under the dash...

Re: zc

COOL i sort have been lucky though and so have my friends..
the first ZC we got looked as though it was used as a boat
anchor.but the three we got after worked fine..
just do the prevent maint.,and it will run strong and good..
I am turboing one for the summer,lets see how strong they
are with 9 pounds..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back