My SUV review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DannyITR

I was asked in another thread why I like the Jeep Liberty. Here are my reasons:

Jeep Liberty beats all other sport utes that I've driven in quality, looks and drivabilty hands down.

I have driven the following:

'02 Ford Escape
'01 Nissan Xterra
'02 Dodge Durango
'02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'02 Lincoln Navigator
'01 Toyota Rav 4
'00 Ford Expedition
'96 Chevy Blazer
'95 S10 Pickup
'01 Cherokee Sport
'01 Jeep TJ

The Liberty's interior is so nice and well designed, it drives like a car, I love the ergonomics, lots of trunk space, great leather seats, great visibilty, comfy and looks nice from the outside and best of all it doesn't cost $90,000. Who is going to bring an Escalade into the forest? I've been waiting for a good SUV and this is it. Before I was torn between the Durango and Cherokee limited. The Liberty is way less expensive and I like it better. Before I drove it, I thought that the Xterra was the one. I've always felt American cars were vastly inferior in quality. It turns out the Xterra was so crappy inside it was hard to believe it came from Nissan. I was expecting basically a Maxima with 4WD but it's far from it.

I'm not buying an SUV, but I always feel much better knowing what I want if I was actually getting one.

vehicle_main.jpg

vehicle_main.jpg

im suprised u liked it cause all the reviews ive red and heard said it sucked
and it tiped over 3 out 5 times in test

we haven't read the same review BMW, the ones i've read all praise it as being one of the best.

Personally i think the design takes some getting used to! :)

I havn't read any reviews, but that tipping thing has got me worried now.

all SUV's has a greater chance of tipping because of the higher center of gravity

Black Blazer: True but not all SUV's are built the same way. I believe all Land Rovers use a steel chassis and aluminum body to keep the center of gravity down low. Ever seen those damn things driving sideways on 45 degree slopes? I have, and I've done it on a special off road course they had in stowe one year at a british car show.

All SUVs however are prone to handling like crap when driven like a car, BECAUSE THEY ARE SUVs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teg92. yeah thats right about the land rover, i forgot about that, it is one of the cars where it very rarely tips over because of they way it is built. i had that car for 2 years and had it during the ice storm, and it was unstopable! ive been on an 45 slope mountain, and as much as it's scary, it was awesome!

danny the jeep liberty is crap,its interior is smaller than most of the suv's in its class and at the same time its wheel base is smaller than most of the suv's in its class!yet you see to think its better!danny does this mean you dont like my jeep?

For what I would use it for, the dimensions don't concern me. It would be a cool winter car. I found the interior is plenty big, but don't forget this is a mid sized SUV. I would not consider yours to be mid size even though I think it's officially categorized as one.

if it drive like a car.... why not just by a car?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? ther eis plenty of AWD cars out there... that will handle, brake, accelerate, will have better traction , etc... etc... etc...

I just dont see the point of having an SUV is you dont have to tow a 3000 lbs boat!!!

You don't understand that some people like trucks? That's weird.

hahaha.. yeah I guess... but ... they like it cause its confortable and drive like a car?!?!?!?!?!?!

je trouve pas ca normal que la plupart des SUV sur la route ne vois JAMAIS de hors-route!!!! J'acheterais une Audi A4 ou une subaru Legacy ou WRX wagon avant un estie de SUV!!!!

yeah liek for example the BMW X5, it's AMAZING....i drove it for a weekend and its like a car....except its an SUV...unlike the land rover and range rover where it FEELS like an SUV!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back