Needed: SR Clutch centering tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOHC240

Legacy Member
I am doing a clutch and tranny swap soon and I need a clutch centering tool for SR20DET clutch. If anyone can lend me one I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

P.S Haig you still owe me that one for the centerforce clutch :)

ill find out if i brought mine home with me or not...

if its at my parents house we're out of luck (north carolina)

this may sound stupid but once I changed a clutch on a Kia and i didnt have the centering tool with me

so I made my own

I used a socket that the hole and an extension

worked great

Gregster said:
this may sound stupid but once I changed a clutch on a Kia and i didnt have the centering tool with me

so I made my own

I used a socket that the hole and an extension

worked great

you could do it by eye

I know you don't need it but it sure makes it a hell of alot easier. I have installed a clutch 3 times on my SR's without one but they were all on the ground and it still took several frustrating tries each time.

This time I'm swapping the clutch disk but leaving the motor in so it'll be tougher.

Anyways Steve let me know, it would be a huge help.

Thanks

200sxBoY said:
use your 2 eyes and your finger ...
it's easy as 123 to align a clutch

I dunno how good your eye is but mine is pretty good and it is always a hassle. Maybe the input shaft on my SR RWD tranny is tougher to do than a FWD but it can be a real bitch.

And Steve, yeah its kind of a rush, but thanks anyways.

Anyone else?

Would any Clutch Centering Tool work? Because I have mine from my Civic. If it's all the same Marshall I can meet up with ya and lend ya it. Hopefully it's the same. :) Pm me if you think it will work.

Hey Jeff. Thanks anyways but I'd be very surprised if it did work. First of all the spline is probably a different size with a different number of teeth.

Aight, Hope ya find one. There is a few 240's that people rebuilt around pincourt. Suprised if you couldn't find one locally.

SOHC240 said:
Hey Jeff. Thanks anyways but I'd be very surprised if it did work. First of all the spline is probably a different size with a different number of teeth.

just thought of something

a ka centering tool will work too!!

the only difference between the KA tranny and the SR tranny are the bellhousings,

i had a ka clutch tool and when i did the tranny swap on my SR, i checked, and the ka tool fits too.

so either one will work for you

Hey dude !! i have one at home ...i even have the bearing for clutch... ill give both the centering tool and the bearing if you want... i sold my 240...

Pm me if you want them....:bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back