Where to buy mandrel bent exhaust sections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohawkboom

Legacy Member
Like 45 degree angles in Aluminized or Stainless steel?...I can only seem to find crush bent sections.

I'm doing a custom exhaust for my car because $1000+ for shiny pipes and a coffee can isn't worth it for me

go and ask for raymond and tell him you need really a customized exhaust and require it to be all mandrel bend tubes. i know they have stainless but at a higher cost. if youhave a smaple of your requirements like angles etc it would be helpful for him to replicate.

i suggest you go very early like 8:30am and give them the specs. Then go to Lafleurs across the street and have a coffee or something and in 30 minutes you can pick them up. They are the best in customizing exhaust for any vehicles. When you are doing tractor trailer exhaust systems cars are mickey mouse to them.
I have been going to them for over 10 years now for all my cars and family member's cars as well. If you give them cash the prices are somewhat negotiable.
I went to them for my exhaust after i completed my engine swap and they do a hell of a job depending on your requirements and it is all guaranteed too.

:bigup:

Originally posted by mohawkboom
Like 45 degree angles in Aluminized or Stainless steel?...I can only seem to find crush bent sections.

I'm doing a custom exhaust for my car because $1000+ for shiny pipes and a coffee can isn't worth it for me

I've been looking for the same thing. I can't find it anywhere.

The metal supermarket in lachine sells stainless piping, but not pre-bent sections.

Are you guys sure Federal bends stainless? Regular steel no problem, but stainless? You don't just stick stainless into a bending machine.

Last edited:
they have a specific machine that just mandrel bends piping. they manufacture muffler and all that and i have gone to them many times for mandrel bent exhaust.
just give Raymond a call before you go to ease your mind bro!:bigup:

Are you sure they are equiped to mandrel bend piping and it's not a regular bending machine that they use? For the cost difference between the 2 machines and the demand of mandrel bends, usually it's not worth it.

http://www.burnsstainless.com/

Adam, where do you guys get your stainless? Do you make bends in-house?

Antilag : That Burns Stainless site is exactly what we're looking for, but I wonder if there's a place like this in Canada, to avoid getting ripped off by the exchange rate.

Originally posted by Antilag
Are you sure they are equiped to mandrel bend piping and it's not a regular bending machine that they use? For the cost difference between the 2 machines and the demand of mandrel bends, usually it's not worth it.
Bro, you've never been there, have you?

Check out the 6" polished SS mandrel bent exhaust on the next custom Freightliner rig that you drive by. Federal does those.

They make runs of bends with a foot or two of straight pipe on each end. You can buy the bends from them, or you can ask them to whip up the exhaust together for you.

This is no crush bender, their machine is larger than most minivans.

Geez Pascal,
Thanks for your input here. Still I'm amazed that no one knows the guys at Federal. Raymond is my hero and when i come he knows that i'm an ass when it comes to making my exhaust.

Like i said I've been going to them for over 10 years of all my exhaust needs and no one beats them. Now they have renovated the othe side and have two divisions now. one for parts only and the other for service.

if you want bigger than 3 inch diameter pipes they can do it too.

Thumbs up:bigup:

Originally posted by Antilag
care to post some pricing in 2.5" and 3" size with the radius
304 SS 2.5":45deg 29$, 90deg 31$. For 3" 45deg 32$, 90deg 34$

Last edited:
Nope, never been there. Glad to see a place well equiped like that close by!

Thanks Adam for the prices

I might be shooting my way there on monday morning to have my O2 sensor modified on if i can;t figure wht to do?

May have them remove to existing welded threaded nut e old O2 sensor and mig weld on a bigger threaded nut to accept the newer O2 sensor.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back