ATTEN: TECK GUYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonfed

Legacy Member
hey guys,

as you may or may not know, I'm looking to make my Cavalier go faster. Besides NOS, what would you're sugestions be for making my car go faster?? Tom you've told me you ideas, I was hping to get some more.

Please to everone else, this is a serious question, I would only like it if the Teck guys answerd it.

thanks

Since I used to have a 3.1L Cavi (sold it for another rice burner), I looked at what I could do with it and well, YOU came with the best ideas, hehe.

Here's what I found anyway. Some do a 3.4L DOHC swap. Some go to the trouble of doing a 3.1L turbo swap (yes, there was a 3.1L turbo in the some late 80's Grand Prix).

Also, you could also at the Camaro RS motor (the 200HP 3.4L). Maybe you could use some of the parts. Also, I have found springs, retainers and cams for the 3.1L motor at Jegs. They're very cheap also.

If you plan to build a motor, I would thing that it would be better to start with the "better" factory parts...

Anyway, I'm just throwing ideas here. It's worth what it's worth...

thanks MonOnc, I was hoping you'd say, Chris lets put a turbo on you ride....I can find a nice used one!!

I should have been a little more presice in my question, I ent to say after new cam comp upgrade and big pipes!!

thanks again for the Idea
the 3.4 I thought of, but would it be a bitch to hook up my tranny to it?? I never thought about the Maro motor maybe I should thin about that...heads??

Turbo?

Like I said, if you can find a wrecked turbo Grand Prix, that would be the ticket for a turbo Cavi! It's just a matter of finding it...

Re: Turbo?

I wans't talking about just a turbo, but the whole turbo engine, wiring harness, ECU, etc...

You can't just slap a turbo on a non-turbo car. Well, you can, but to do it right, it's major $$$$$$. Now, an engine and everything from a wrecked car is much cheaper.

Just like that guy who installed the whole 3.8L supercharged engine. I'm guessing he did a complete swap.

Oh yeah, and by asking around to engine builders and all, I was informed that the 3.1L is kinda flimsy. It's OK for a 140HP engine, maybe a bit more, but the pistons and rods would NEVER survive forced induction.

Of course, you could do it right and build your actual engine for forced induction by asking a professionnal engine builder (like TKmotion), but that wouldn't be cheap with all the forged parts and all. Even the stock crank is kinda weak... That would be worth asking his advice though!!!

That's why swapping a whoile engine that was built for 205 stock HP (the turbo Grand Prix) would be a cheaper route.

yeah I actually read the same thing on a Cav related site. I read that the 2.8 is better to build up for racing.

I would love to put a 3.4 215hp from a z34. they are less elussive that the 3.1 Turbo.

I do apreicate you help MonOnc.

I would like to aks anyone who reads this time to ask if any one knows where I can find a 3.4 dualover haed cam motor. To please tell me.
thanks
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back