Simple Question about Turbo Timers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutley. the timer does just that, it leaves the car running on a timer to allow the oil to continue to circulate through the engine which cools it off more evenly (to avoid heat soak). This is especially important on a turbo where the oil would otherwise sit in the turbo housing and boil, leaving a sludge that would block the oil passages. If you really want the most out of your engine a pre-luber(pumps oil before startup) and an `auto timer' for shut down would be ideal. Changing your oil frequently is second best.

I find them useless. Just drive your turbo car easy for the last couple of minutes and you'll be fine. At leats, That's what I did for the last 14 years I owned a turbo car.

If you plan to use it on a non-turbo car, may I suggest a faked front mount intercooler and a faked BOV sound to go with that? ;)

That's it mononctsi, down with the system!! They may not be useful for your personal application and driving habits, but that wasn't the question asked. Now, where can I get some fake drums for my car?

Hey I just asked a question cause I saw some car that was non-turbo and had a turbo timer... Was wondering if it actually would work also I had no clue what it did!

Hey, I love to put my "personnal" view everywhere cause I'm old and cranky! :)

As a matter of fact, almost every Club DSM member that has a modded car has a turbo timer. I'm kind of an oddball for that one, but 14 years without a turbo incident is a long time, don't you think?

Any automatic car starter for a manual car has the ability to do the same thing as a turbo timer. I have one for my car.

For a manual car, the auto-start must be set before the car is turned off. To set it, the car must be in neutal and you press a button, the lights flash and then it waits for you to press the second button once your out of the car before shutting off. This is the how it may be confused with the timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back