WTB: J1/S1 / b16a cable tranny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey teg92, just buy any GSR or SIR tranny and swap the gear packs and diff to your cable tranny casing and you'll be set. That way you can have a almost new tranny without grinding (what I'm pretty sure you'll get with a S1 or J1 cable tranny since there so old)

Hmm I've heard trannies can get quite messy, would it be very tough to do? I'd ideally want to keep my LS 5th and have short ass 1-4 and nice and long 5th.

No it's not that hard. I have a friend that does it for me whenever I need it. Just find the tranny and call me when you want to swap over the gears. My friend will do it for you and will do it for cheap to. It takes him about 45 minutes to do.

Whitezomby: on average how much do hydro gsr's and sir trannies go for? I was planning on finding a cable one for $$$ and take my chances in getting a good one that doesn't grind. I don't want to drop too much into a tranny, it's kind of like icing on the cake!!!

Well a nice gsr or sir tranny can get pretty expensive. Anywhere from 600$ to 1000$ and even 1200$ for Type R. It's very expensive but I don't know how much cable trannys from JDM go for. If there much cheaper, I say try your luck out and get that.

Cool. For that price I will definately try out my luck!! But when I do find a tranny I will definatley hit you up for your friend so I can swap the 5th. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back