Nissan Sentra Ser SpecV !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watever

Legacy Member
Hi, I would like to know what you guys think of this car ? Because I really like it ! The look is incredible for a 4 door I think and the Interior is really nice. But I dunno for the handling and performance, it's a 175hp engine but how it drive !?

I just wanted to know if it was only me or not ? Because for 22,000$ I think that,s really nice. don't you ?

Spec V

175 hp engine and only 141 hp at the wheels. But yes for the price that car gives ALL Civics and Integras a nice look at the taillights.

one thing i dont like about the car is the R is huge. also dont like the front bumper too much.

that car is sweet, my friend is buying one very soon, hopfully some nice mods come out for that

Some time in the later spring NISMO parts will be available in North America, that should help in doing some sweet mods.

whatever

if it says 175 bhp , it's 'cause it' got 175 bhp at the flywheel as well as at the drvie wheels, it seems to me ... ?

Re: whatever

Originally posted by ENTER
if it says 175 bhp , it's 'cause it' got 175 bhp at the flywheel as well as at the drvie wheels, it seems to me ... ?
What?!@ There is no car where you'll find the same hp at the flywheel and at the drive wheels. There are many factors that come into play, which sap power from the engine, before it can transfer it to the wheels.

The Spec V is an amazing performer.

Several ppl have taken the Spec V to solo II events in the US and to the track and they all had amazing performance.

Drag : best time so far, STOCK. 15.22

Solo II: I dont have times or anything, but beating some Type R's and modified integra's, plus others.

It just has amazing handling and good torque, plus that HLSD rips you out of the corners real fast.

All in all, its the best bang for the buck IMO.

Im still happy with my lowly Sentra Se though, which took quite a beating in teh back woods close to Maniwaki, going from Stage to stage for the Perce Neige Rally.

Was nice meeting you Adam (Turbo323) though it was extremely brief :)

Originally posted by SpIcEz

Im still happy with my lowly Sentra Se though, which took quite a beating in teh back woods close to Maniwaki, going from Stage to stage for the Perce Neige Rally.

I can attest to that! I was right behind him...thank god not in my car! :D

Re: Spec V

Originally posted by scooby
175 hp engine and only 141 hp at the wheels. But yes for the price that car gives ALL Civics and Integras a nice look at the taillights.

You should wake up before the truth hurt ya!

I am pretty sure that a ser will beat a sir with the same kind of driver. Don't you think ? depens on the weight also ! but I think it's praticly the same.

Originally posted by Watever
I am pretty sure that a ser will beat a sir with the same kind of driver. Don't you think ? depens on the weight also ! but I think it's praticly the same.
Whatever, don't bother with QuickSIR. I see him in the VW forum all the time too, trying to say that SIRs are better. Thing is what he doesn't realise, is that he's comparing a modified SIR to a stock opponent. If I put all the money someone put into their SiR, into an SE-R, the SE-R would still kill an SiR. The se-r has alot of potential, has a bigger displacement, and better/newer technology on it's side. Stock vs. Stock the SIR will take the win fairly easily. And as for modified, it will all depend on who's father gave them more money to modify their car... :D The only thing that really counts is Stock vs. Stock to me.

stock vs stock you say that sir will win ? I think that sER will win !

I know ! His sir have power, but it's modified ! And I think he is a good driver soo ! But put all the samething in the ser also and probably the ser will still win ! By a little margin, but will win.

Originally posted by Watever
stock vs stock you say that sir will win ? I think that sER will win !

I know ! His sir have power, but it's modified ! And I think he is a good driver soo ! But put all the samething in the ser also and probably the ser will still win ! By a little margin, but will win.
OOOps, I meant the SE-R would win stock. I got mixed up. too many e's and i's I got confused. The SIR loses just as much poer in the drivetrain then the SE-R does. So I'm figuring it will still take it in a straight line. As for around a track, I wouldn't know which one. I driven the SE-R, but only for a short test drive, I didnt get to push it through any hard turns. I took a couple a little faster then I would normally in it, and it help well, but never really tried pushing it.

I agree here.

I beleive QuickSir's car dynoed at 141 whp with the AEM CAI.

The Spec V dyno's those numbers stock, plus 50 ft/lbs more torque stock.

Both well tuned suspension and brakes.

Around the same weight too.

That torque would help the SPec V 60ft times
and would also help immensly on a track, getting out of corners requires torque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back