NISMO Festival at FISCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks it's a BIG shame what they've done to the Skyline?

It's lost all it's muscle look!

Nismo1%20015.jpg

You are not the only one, shame on them twice, it looks like a non fast car, looks like any other car, where are the skylines gone?

well...that's the sedan version...the coupe probably won't look like that! well...at least I hope not!

but from what I've heard...we should be getting the Sedan version pretty soon in America...under the Infinity badge. And hopefully the coupe will follow a little after under the Nissan badge.

the skyline IS COMING to america, but not badged as a Nissan. Rumor has it, that it will arrive under Infinity's name. Most likely in the luxo-sport catagory. So far it seems confirmed, but still not official news (i dont think). But I feel that once it does arrive, it'll be like the Mitsu Lancer was. People were expecting the EVO, but got the base model. And now, people are expecting the GTR, or something with GTR specs, but we'll probably end up only seeing a base model Skyline. At least for the first 2-3 years.

I may be wrong, but this is what I think is going to happen.

I guess your absolutly right the good cars never come up on our market we are not the target market thanxs to our southern friends! (no offense to anyone from the US)

well...from what I have read (I believe it was on the Motor Week website), Mitsubishi has decided that there is a market for the Evo in America after all so they should be importing it soon (2003 or 2004). Because of that decision...they also said that Subaru has decided to bring the WRX STi to America, and Nissan has said it would probably bring the GT-R to America after the introduction of the 350Z. I read all this on a site from a popular magazine...I forget if it was Motor Trend or Road and Track...but it was a big magazine.

It will come to canada and the USA.

Yes children...it's on it's way!!!

The formula is quite simple: take the latest iteration of Japan's coveted Nissan Skyline four-door and transplant it to the U.S. complete with its race-honed hardware and add a few bonus luxury accoutrements. Under the hood of the rear-drive sedan will be a potent 3.5-liter V-6, producing in the neighborhood of 280 horsepower, just like the Nissan Z. We expect the G35 transmission choices to mirror the Z, which include a six-speed manual and five-speed automatic.

www.motortrend.com/july01/g35/1.html

g35.jpg

Skyline GT-R

The new skyline will be coming out
in 2 yrs in america.

here are some fun facts:

1. two possible engine configurations:
3.5L v6 twin-turbo OR 4L v8

** 3.5l v6 ( found in the 350z)
** 4l v8 (infiniti Q45 engine)

2. Estimate on hp is above 400bhp!!!!!

3. There is already a concept online
of the new GT-R.

4. wanna take a look at it go here:
http://193.41.150.24/fantasyc/derek/cars/skylinegtrconcept.html

5. not much else is known about it cuz nissan
ain't telling.

Re: Skyline GT-R

Originally posted by B15SENTRA
5. not much else is known about it cuz nissan
ain't telling.
Nissan ain't telling cause they don't even know themselves. They have to have it pass emissions, and pass crash tests before it can be legally brought over and sold through a dealership. In Quebec, these cars can't be legally plated for street use, since Quebec doesn't allow new model kit cars. And since anything not legally sold through a dealers (specially imported) is considered a kit car, we've been s(hit out of luck. Oh well, probably better off, since insurance on a kit car costs an arm and a leg.

also the skyline and silvia might be discontinued. at least the turbo models because of emissions. i saw some of the sketches of the new S16 and it was butt ugly. front off the g35 a bit and back from an altima. DAMN ugly!

good point mathieu
another thing i realized is looking at the S13 and S14 theres a BIG difference. i foudn that the S13 was more pure sport than the S14 but the S15 came back abit to the roots.

no sheep, all wolf

The is nothing sheep about the r35.
I've heard some pretty interesting rumours
Now keep in mind they JUST rumours, but
every rumour has a little bit of truth
at the center of it.

It's supposed to be as tunable as it's
predecesors, more so.

An on-board computer to operate a stand-alone
fuel management system, with air/fuel ratio
control, drive-by-wire that is straight out
of star-trek or something.

A deaphening sound system, that audio fanatic
are gonna pop a boner over.

It's all speculation, but we can only hope
it lives up to the legacy of the SKYLINE name.

Hopefully it's give a porshe 911 a run for it's
money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back