Maxima vs Vr6

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

m3boyforlife21

Do a maxima 2002 3.5l 255ch can beat a vr6 2002 2.8l 174ch?? and why??

What? rephrase that in english please. Start with a 'How come...' or a 'Why is it that...' And do you mean can or can't?

Est ce que une Maxima 2002 3.5l 255ch peut battre une Vr6 2002 2.8l 174 ch et pourquoi??

re

the Maxima will win. It's faster than the VR6. Anything else?

Re: re

I raced a 2001 Maxima on the highway last weekend and make him look foolish. All the way into the 200's! And not just once. My car is much heavier than a Golf Vr6. I belive that the MAxima was only the 222 hp model. And an extra 30 Hp should not make than much of a diffrence.

I'd put my money on the VR6 on the highway but maybe not the strip!

Thing is, the maxima is more of a luxury car the the vr6 is. The gearing on it is way lower the the vr6. Hence the vr6s better accleration. The maxima is performant, but it's also geared for fuel economy, not acceleration.

Mais si tu met une vr6 vs maxima dans un highway lequel va gagner??

re

the new 255hp model will beat the VR6, the older one is more iffy. The times on the 222hp model are almost the same as the Golf, so it all depends on the driver

re

oh yeah, and VR6 do kick some serious ass on the highway. My friend has a nice Jetta VR6, pulls like crazy on the highway

On the highway, the VR should be quicker. Even against the 255! And the new 24v VR6's are out now....so there's a bump to 204 hp for the 2002 1/2 vr6.

2003 vr6 will beat a 2003 maxima on the strip and on the highway.

99AltimaGXE...I know that! I was just saying that whether the Maxima is auto or stick will make a difference in the outcome of this race. My friend has raced at Nappi against a stick 2001...and the guy did a flat 15 second run! How much does a VR6 run??

BTW...I've driven a 2001 20th Edition (my dad has one) and the thing is very nice...and fun to drive on the highway! Unfortunatly...it's an automatic. :(

The one i raced on the HWY seemed lke it was stick..just by the way his car would bump during shifting. Autos are smoother..but that's vague judgement.

vrsik, after 3rd gear there isnt much of a 'bump' on upshifts. Unless the guy is just plain dumb, and side stepping the clutch!

I assume that cars with 230hp would bump in third and fourth. And I never got out of 4th.

Oh well....my car bumps in 4th with a hard shift! Man..some cars with 400hp lay rubber in 4th! Or at least a squeak!

yeah but just cause your laying rubber doesn't mean it's a good shift. All it means is that, on your 4th gear power shift you came off the clutch way too fast. And if the car spins in 4th, it probably means you need a new diff. Cause in a 400hp car, when your shifting into 4th, your doing about 120-130 mph, depending on the gearing. Unless the car is REALLLY closely ratio'ed the car shouldn't spin. The gear is too tall to put that power down, unless you really force it (power shift). Usually if it does spin, it's most likely only one tire spinning.

And if Mononctsi reads this, just for the fun of it, how do you like those 3-2 downshifts when you come off the clutch hard. Lock up all fours and tug on the wheel to induce a slide. That was one thing I loved, powersliding without the aid of the brake. A little hard on the clutch, but just don't do too often!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back