Bike costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

98cavy22

Legacy Member
Hi, I've started a little bike fund for myself. So far I've got about 700 bucks saved up which I'm hoping will cover the pre-bike costs. I was just wondering about how much I can expect to pay before I actually own a bike. I was told I'd be paying around a grand. I need license, school, tests, registration etc...

If someone could give me sort of a list of all the costs involved in owning a bike it'd be greatly appreciated. (Including insurance prices)

Thank you

To get your liscence, it will cost you a total of 550$ (that's what it cost me last summer). You will only have the permit though, no helmet or gear yet.

there are all sorts of costs:
Insurance: 300 to 1000 or +
Bike: 500 to 20 000 or +
Gear (helmet, gloves, 2nd helmet for the girl, bodysuit): at least 500
Gasoline: depends on how much you roll...
Anti-theft/Alarm: Optional, depends on where you park

Then if you gotta repair/mod your bike you'll have to shell out of course. It's expensive to ride, but it's fun as hell...

when i get a bike im thinking of riding with no insurance or liscence. for those who ride tell me how often cops ask for proof of insurance. and about riding with no liscence its all about giving no reason to be pulled over.

after watching you drift into the sidewalk while coming around a corner and after you almost killed yourself last year in that crash I would advise you to think twice about this bike.... :bigup:

my $0.02

haha!! i didnt hit the sidewalk.. didnt even touch it. i was pretty damn close to the the sidewalk and that civic tho!! maybe i should put winter tires on my winter car huh... long live summer rubber in the winter. but anyway the superbike idea is just a thought. i'll own a dirtbike without a doubt and street riding with no liscence or registration is just a thought. i'll leave it to those who know to ruin my idea :D

u get caught without a license, you loose the bike and you pay fees until u get a license to remove it from the impound lot.

crash without a license or insurance, oh boy...

stupid people

Illest it<s because of stupid people like you that cops always arrest us for verification and other stupid things

And my insurances cost more because of people thinking your way and this give us a bad reputation.

I hope you never get a bike or if you get one I hope your gone change your mind because you wont live really long...

By hte way a motorcycle cost a dam shit load of money exam + gear is at least 1500$

illest, cops pull bikes over all the time. The first thing they do when they see a bike is run the plates in the computer to find out if the owner as his permit and trust me you will get pulled over in a matter of days. Like the others said, it's kinda stupid to ride without insurance or permit and keep in mind if you crash without both, you will loose everything you have and end up in jail. Just get the liscence, it will cost you 500$ for peace of mind and you can't just get on a sport bike and beat it like you do with a car (trust me and my experience on this). In the beginning of summer, I had my learners permit so I could ride but only with other people that had their permit. Well me and a friend go for a ride. I told him to meet me at the gas station right next to my old appartment. Well 2 blocks later, I have a cop on my ass and I get pulled over (I was on the bike for about a minute before getting pulled over and this was the first time I ever rode my bike). Well the cop let me keep my bike because my friend showed up but I got a nice ticket. If my friend would not have showed up, he would have towed the bike and it would have costed me more to get the bike back from the inpound lot then just taking the permit. I got pulled over a minute after leaving home for the first time with my bike so trust me, you will get pulled over.

Last edited:
well to track3G and whitezombie thanks for your comments considering the experience you guys have. i simply asked how often you guys get pulled over in hopes of ruining my idea which actually happened.

And to LP-R6 you definetly could of stated your opinion much better n less offensive than you did. Next time read my posts carefully before opening your big mouth like you did.

just remember toneey that this will not happen with a bike... :eek:
1031326012003.jpg

Just thinking of riding without driving licence and insurance is stupid, maybe you'll never do it but just asking about this is stupid so maybe before asking really stupid question you could think a bit!

do you 2 even know what your talking about??

in my case, the only person that would get screwed by riding without insurance or a liscence is myself. so in no way is that stupid. Ive been riding dirtbikes since i was 14. and ive ridden every kind of bike at least once.

Oh LP,you know absolutely nothing about me so stop making dumb comments that are only based on assumptions. Anyway im not posting about this crap anymore. its a waste of my time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back