Where and how much for a SR20DET...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Real Pete

I'M tinkering about by next summer project and I have yet to see a SR20DET powered 240SX in Montreal.. they surely exist but I dont think there are plenty of them...

Where could I find a complete swap and how much am I looking at for the whole thing...

Even I'm not a nissan gearhead, I'll prolly install it myself, I'll learn how that @#%$ works at the same time :)

it's the JDM version of the 240SX we got here.. the Sylvia :)

It's basicly the same car only with a totally different engine. It's almost the same thing as a SR20DE(from the Se-R and the NX2000) but in turbo version from the factory.

200hp and 200lbs/ft of torque for the red top and even for for the black top engine :)

Danny, tons of cars in Japan come with the DET.

228hp, turbo. Very sweet. I think septembers SCC had a Nissan 200x SE-r with a DET swap with 474 HP.

The primera, 240sx, pulsar GTI-R etc... come with it stock in japan and europe.

The sr20det is made in RWD, FWD, AWD.

It doesnt have all the applications but should help
www.freshalloy.com/cars/n...gines.html

ATTN: The real pete.
Check out www.npclub.com, a Nissan Montreal club thats starting, ask that question on the msg board, my buddy InfinitG is the parts master, and he'll give you the info, plus there is a LONG ongoing thread about it.

Hey Pete, did I it the right spot, or what! You've been posting everywhere about this since I've told you about this idea! Are your boxer wet, or what! lol There's a guy in Mtl that as this set-up, his name is Greg. I'm pretty sure he's going to be at the stadium. I'll hook you up with him. One of our guys (Tommy, with the blue nx1600) has one in in garage, wainting for us to install this winter. The engine are cheap (1600$ to 2000$ if i'm right) from what he told me. Just go for it, I might do it in 2-3 years if I start a ew project myself.

Well, i'll pass by Trac and talk to you, I want to check that engine out....

BTW, I cant wet my boxers.. my Girlfriend is keeping me high and dry :lol:

daBlond: Je devrais passer chez trac cette semaine pour voir Meanteg, peut-etre rainnman et MartB17a si j'ai de la chance.

J'aimerais beaucoup me faire un projet comme celui de Pete, tu travailles quand cette semaine?

Hey man, I got this friend Richard who is looking to install his first SR20DET in a 89-94 model 240sx s13, he instals many engines such as B18C5, B18C1, B16's, he also started with nissans and stuff, he can get the engine straight from japan with 33 000 km's red-top, for $1850! Installation will be around $600 cause he has to program your computer for the turbo and shit, it's a big jon but for $2500 you have the main engine everone drools over for this car! Reply if interested! Later

Sivilla_joey said:
Hey man, I got this friend Richard who is looking to install his first SR20DET in a 89-94 model 240sx s13, he instals many engines such as B18C5, B18C1, B16's, he also started with nissans and stuff, he can get the engine straight from japan with 33 000 km's red-top, for $1850! Installation will be around $600 cause he has to program your computer for the turbo and shit, it's a big jon but for $2500 you have the main engine everone drools over for this car! Reply if interested! Later
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

what the hell is this thread...i can't believe what i'm reading.

First things first, go read the stickey in the top of the Nissan section. Or go to NP club.

Second, there are many SRs in Montreal. In the states people have been swapping this engine for over 4-5 years. There are people starting threads like this every week, so if you are looking for an original swap....forget about this!

Third, there are many varieties of the SR20DET engine. Red top, black top, and in many versions on different models such as Spicez mentioned. Some of them have different stock power outputs, different turbos and different transmissions (even engine internals)

Fourth, if you think you are getting a 33,000km red-top, you are dreaming. ...unless you have the odometer to prove it from a front clip.

Fifth, read the sticky ...read it again and again. There are references to other specific nissan forums which have great information ....very thorough about the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back