question......

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

red cherokee

hi guys,i will be getting rid of my cherokee in a year and i would like to get a nissan 240sx 1995,but i wanna swap the engine.....i was told to get the sr20det,but i would like to know the specs on the rb20det!!!!!

Heheh your gonna be stubborn about that aren't you? :)

Hope you manage tho' should be interesting.

question.......

well infiniteg do u know the specs...and if so what are the pros and cons between these two motors???

Re: question.......

Make sure you get the 240sx in the last year it was made. You know the one in the Fast and Furious (with the cool slopping headlights).

The '95 model of the 240 is the rounder lights the lights that slope came out in '97 and the damage to his pocket would be an extra $4000.

Take the hit Red Cherokee, you know it's worth it!!!!!

Think of how cool :cool: :cool: :cool: you would be.

Red cherokee: I tried to track down this engine for you ( I don't know where your gettin it from) My suppliers tell me its hard to get and that it will fail emmissions testing in Quebec.

As far as cons on the RB26 swap they are above.

I'm telling you guy your gonna have a run for your money, I'm usually optimistic about swaps but there are a lot of incompatibilities. Your going to need a diffy, engine ,tranny, ecu, clutch, mounts, 24 beer...The other prob will be replacement parts afterwards.

I dunno man I'm good with Jap cars but this really seems like an expensive project 10000$ plus

This is the old kind.

240sxold.jpg

This is the cool kind.

240sxnew.jpg

Get an SR20DET

Its about 225 hp, plus it has lots of potential.
If you want to put 10k in your car, get this engine and mod it.

There is Nissan 200sx SE-R in septembers Sport Compact Car with an SR20DET that has 474hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back