Tranny??!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PmDaWg

Legacy Member
Wassup peepz,

A couple of days ago I was having problems with my tranny. I had it fixed, but I got the same problem. Anyone know if its even the tranny that's the problem or could it be a sensor, probably the O2 sensor. I have a WAI since a while now. The symptoms are as follows. In the morning I turn my car on be it hot or cold the RPMs are higher than normal around 1500. Then when I try to put it into gear Drive or Reverse don't function off the bat, I give it a little gas the car starts to move. When the car is warm it seems fine this has been happening for a constant 3 months now.

not sure

Im not having the exact same problem but for a week now, when I first start the car rpm's are around 1500 too.

@#%$ its not even winter yet

Re: not sure

Its normal that in the morning your RPM's are higher. Any time you "cold start" (which means starting your car after it has been parked for a good while) the car will idle higher because the oil temp sensor detects the temp at cold and tells the ECU to heat it up. As for PMdawgs prob I really think your tranny is finished...have a rebuild for it estimated but if I was you I'd replace it...if its auto and you would like to go manual this is your chance to do a nifty conversion. Been there man I'm speakin from experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back