Is power shifting a good technique ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BassBoy19

Legacy Member
Est ce que faire des power**** ( garder le gaz accotté losque qu on change les vitesses ) peut aider a ameliorer son temps de 1/4 de mile meme si ca eneleve 10000 km a ta clutch a chaque fois que tu en fait un ????

depends on how fast you shift and how long you want to keep you stock transmition. i rather speed shift than power shift.

also if the car is VERY powerful and light hit second gear like that and your tires will start to lose traction.

turbo323 ? Speedshift ? do you mean just shift really fast or is there something else involved ?

I reall really hope this isn't a stupid question! lol

Your right Inner Light, speedshifting is just shifting really quickly. I prefer this method as well.

speed shifting you almost dont use the clutch, just a quick snap on the pedal and your in gear!!!!

Speed shift: Keep the pedal to the floor but use clutch to shift.

Power shift: Keep the pedal to the floor and DON'T use the clutch to shift.

I do the first one for 2-3 and 3-4 shifts. It keeps the turbo spooled.

It depends on your target to achieve...for a purpose built drag car...it could make sence...some 1/10th are worth it!...for any other application it doesn't make sence....I use to power shift ALL THE TIME!....12-13 years ago...the first thing to go will be the pressure plate/clutch on most car...the diff will take it to a "certain" point...:lol:

jai essaye les powershift a la track et ca na pas amélioré mes temps... enfet jai rouler mes 5 meilleurs SANS powershift! alors jai tout simplement arrete dans faire!!! Ca fait tres impressionnant et tu as le feeling que tu sauve du temps mais rendu au bout... le timeslip y ment pas lui....

Oui pis qand tu ramasse ton differentiel pis ta clutch dan sle fond de la panne ca ment po non plus ca va te couter $$$$$$

We have conflicting definitions for power and speed shifting.

I believe power shifting means just not taking your foot off the gas and speed shifting is just shifting quickly.

Shifting with no clutch and keeping the foot on the gas is a recipe for disaster. Can you even do that?

You can definitivly do clutchless shifting with a dog box.

Yeah, I'd say I'm not 100% certain about this on either.

TKmotion knows for sure. Yoohoo?

Power shifting is when you slam your shifter into P at 100kph+, everyone knows "P" is for power!!!

speed shifting is doing everything you normally do but at 10 times the speed, power shifting, well you still use the clutch but you also stay on the gas while you shift. just talking about normal trannys here. on a dog box, well, just pull the shifter as hard as you can and hope for the best!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back