Focus brake/rim question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MildSeven

Legacy Member
Will 14'' rims clear the brakes on a ford focus? I would assume so... but before I buy I'd like to know the experts opinions :p

I know the smallest I can go on my Jetta is 15''

I have 14" stock steelies on my focus, so I guess it clears... Not sure if they have a bigger brake option.

Yes , even if you have 16 rims on your Focus, it is common to put 14' steels for winter . Correct tire size would be 185-65-r14.

The only Focus that I can think of that may have clearance problems over the front discs would be the SVT .

silver7 said:
Correct tire size would be 185-65-r14.

Is that what Ford recommend ??? I had 14in winter tire given to me with the size you have mention, and when I installed them last year on my Focus, they were obviously smaller in height and my speedometer was off by about 10%. I came up with 185/70r14 if using 195/60r15 for summer tire on a wheel conversion calculator that I found on a website.....just wondering what is the correct size I should get next time I purchase winter tires ???

Last edited:
Yeah that's the stock size on lesser Foci , and personally that's what I'd use and /or suggest ......though I do find your information interesting just the same however! I'd be thinking the 185-70'S (which was on the Tempo) would be too large for the car and would rub when turning (visually they'ed certainly look odd ...)

For the record the stock sizes are 185-65-14, 195-60-15, & 205-55-16.
I guess Ford doesn't follow the usuall standard +1 and/or +2 upgrade scale ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back