So I went to a body shop to paint my Valences

Status
Not open for further replies.

LudeH22

I have a 2001 Red honda Prelude. I have the base version with the black side and rear valences.

I went to a respectable body shop near my house in Montreal. They quoted me $250 for painting the side/rear valences. The guy told me that they would match the color perfectly and not to worry about that. He told me they would remove the valences, use a scotch bright pad or something like that to smooth them out, put glue, paint and clear coat. Might have not understood completely but thats all I can remember.

The problem is that he told me that he can't guarentee that the paint will stay because its near the bottom of the car and all the rocks may hit it. Is this a normal thing? Should I keep looking for body shops that will guarentee their work not to chip or come off? Is there anything that I should ask him to do extra to ensure that the paint stays?

Thanks

I had a base prelude like you, same shit no one guarentee the job, but trust me its normal no body shop guarantee their job against rock chip. and its quite normal too understand.

Do it, cause you got a good price

no bodyshop will garantee that the paint wont chip off with the rocks the only other protection you can ask him to put is to add gravel gard instead of primer under the base coat...

its a good price you should do it hommie

The problem is that he told me that he can't guarentee that the paint will stay because its near the bottom of the car and all the rocks may hit it. Is this a normal thing?

Yes.

stop chips rips new paint off ... even on new cars, so i say just do it, don't worry and it will be fine *tu*

TEXAS2LO said:
stop chips rips new paint off ... even on new cars, so i say just do it, don't worry and it will be fine *tu*

The paint on new cars will not chip from rocks. It will look like it's sandblasted or will have small dings from the rock where it actually hit the trim piece but it will not chip or flake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back