2k maxima swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subzero

k, so I was wondering if a RB26DETT swap for a 2k maxima is possible and if its ever been done ?

If neone could help me out with :

- the price (all included)
- The plus and minuses
- And if its been done before.

thx.

EDIT: was missing a T :p

I'm not an expert on this but I'de say it would be over 15k ( probably closer to 25 though). You have to first find the engine which costs a lot, fit it in your car, make a awd conversion... think about the fact that since no one has done it, you have to custom make most of the things...

and on top of that, the maxima is heavy so you would never gain anything from that unless you put a lot of money in it. I'de still say it's not worth it at all.

ah I forgot to take into consideration the weight ratio, but then would it be legal to get an RB34DET engine or do engines follow the same laws as do the cars at whole.

(btw, this is for a project with price not being such an object, so Im just brain storming here to try and get something original)

i am speachless!!!!!! dont waist your time with rb26dett in maximas!!! unless you have 30000$$$ and are going to tube frame the car!!! whats is a rb34det????!!!!! just through in a vq35de in it with approx. 2500$ of extra mods to get it in and youll be happy!!

Silvia S13 said:
i am speachless!!!!!! dont waist your time with rb26dett in maximas!!! unless you have 30000$$$ and are going to tube frame the car!!! whats is a rb34det????!!!!! just through in a vq35de in it with approx. 2500$ of extra mods to get it in and youll be happy!!

yea its prolly what I'm gonna do but I was looking for an orginal approach, think I'm gonna go with the Stillen supercharger for now. Neway the rb34det is the engine in 1999 R34's SPec-v's.

The RB is a 6 inline engine for a frontengine and rear drive car... the Maxima is a front engine and frontdrive car.... And don't think it's been done and for sure, you'll have to trow way too much money to achieve this. Just swap a VQ35de and it will be all right... crazy idea you got there.

SubzeroQc said:
yea its prolly what I'm gonna do but I was looking for an orginal approach, think I'm gonna go with the Stillen supercharger for now. Neway the rb34det is the engine in 1999 R34's SPec-v's.
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! rb34det!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or im lost.. or your lost!!!!

JUST CAUSE ITS A R34 , it dosnt have a 3.4L !!!!!!

D3stro said:
The RB is a 6 inline engine for a frontengine and rear drive car... the Maxima is a front engine and frontdrive car.... And don't think it's been done and for sure, you'll have to trow way too much money to achieve this. Just swap a VQ35de and it will be all right... crazy idea you got there.

the vq35de has been done in a maxima, u have 2 use the frt cover and cam sensor off the old 3.0.

S14 Drift! said:
Yes, and you probably have an asshole instead of a mouth, am' I right?

google it if you like, and btw the R33 has a Rb26det so I doubt I assumed that the R34 has the 3,4l for that reason.

If you like I can find you the specs, its not a normal GT-R its a SPEC II. But ok, I have an asshole for a mouth cause Yu didn't know everything about skylines.

here is a pic for the haters:

1999 Nissan skyline DOHC Twinturbo GT-R V-SPEC II R34 (RB34DETT) series
attachment.php

SubzeroQc said:

attachment.php

hahah, i dont think so buddy... the spec 2 has a rb 26dett, there is no OEM nissan that has an rb34dett from the factory*banghead*

SubzeroQc said:

attachment.php

And that picture doesn't prove anything, there's no mention of the engine, we don't even see the damn engine!!!

SubzeroQc said:
google it if you like, and btw the R33 has a Rb26det so I doubt I assumed that the R34 has the 3,4l for that reason.

If you like I can find you the specs, its not a normal GT-R its a SPEC II. But ok, I have an asshole for a mouth cause Yu didn't know everything about skylines.

Ok, let make the thing straight here, I have a RB26DETT in my car not you, I have done many wiring harness for RB's, not you..... I have tuned many RB's not you, so please if you don't know anything about the RB's don't tell other people who do that their wrong cause internet search said so.*byewhore*

Available RB's in regular production:

RB20E
RB20DE
RB20DET
RB25DE
RB25DET
RB26DETT
RB30E
RB30ET

Then the special ones: (built by independant company for racing, Nismo, Tomei, HKS, Jun.....)

RB27DETT
RB28DETT
RB30DETT
RB26DE (non turbo race engine)

Which ones have the rb30? the r35 ? I thought the biggest engines were the rb26dett, don't know why you would need .4L more anyways, you can already get to like 1300hp with the rb26 hehe

Yea, sry about that didn't think you understood factory. Well a Rb34dett is a Rb30dett that has been bored and stroked, and since R34 V-SPEC II's aren't factory, its understandable that I'm wrong about it being a factory engine, sry. But, yes there is such a thing as the RB34DETT.

SubzeroQc said:
Yea, sry about that didn't think you understood factory. Well a Rb34dett is a Rb30dett that has been bored and stroked, and since R34 V-SPEC II's aren't factory, its understandable that I'm wrong about it being a factory engine, sry. But, yes there is such a thing as the RB34DETT.

EDIT: The pic was only put to show that such a car existed, didn'T think ppl would go crazy with the "OMGN00B" comments, damn, so much hate over somehting that is supposed to be a common passion on wich we can talk and debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back