nos an ecu

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverDUB

Legacy Member
i was reading about nos installation..they say its important to keep the original computer in the car.. what about if i have a mugen one that opens up my vtec 1 000 rpm before, delivers some more fuel and that the cutoff is at 9 000.??? will the whole thing explode, will it kill the engine a lot faster then with the original ecu???

MY FRIEND AND I BOTH HAVE THE SAME COMP. ST UP AS YOU AND WE BOTH HAVE SIR ( VTEC ) AND YOUR QUESTION IS REALLY GOOD. HONESTLY I DON'T HAVE NITROUS YET BUT MY FRIEND HAD THIS SUMMER. EVERYTHING WAS FINE AND HE WAS RUNNING LOW 13's... AS LONG AS U DON'T PUSH YOUR ENGINE TO HARD AND BOOST THE NOS TO HIGH THEN EVRYTHING SHOULD BE FINE. IF EVER YOU GET EXPERT ADVICE ON THIS SUBJECT, LET ME KNOW!!!

hey, thanx a lot! really apreciate your reply. the thing is, i dont have an sir, its a basic si but with a trick out computer, which has become the same than a mugen one. I shift about 8 000 rpm which is the best power and engine reliability ratio. I dont plan on adding somethin like 80 or 100 more hp on the block. just a simple 40 so i ll have same hp or above than an sir...with same rpm range..think it'll be fun. i dont plan eather on using it everyday... but i know my self..i love to beat the car...i ll try to stay calm this summer..later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back