Ranger 95 4 cyl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony20v

I recently bought a 95 Ranger with the 2.3 four.It is from Ontario and its a clean and solid truck.With 170 000 on the clock and it passed the inspection at the SAAQ.I bought it because I needed a Pick-up truck and it was at a very low price.

I was wondering if you guy's know stuff about this 2.3 engine,and if it was a good thing to consider a 3.0 or even a 4.0 swap.And I forgot,it is not a 4 by 4.

Thank you.

forget about swaping a 3L or 4L

they way to gas eater for the power.

if you wanna swap something in it: swap a 5.0L
pretty "easy"

take a look at rangerpowersports.com.
everything that you need to know is there!

it's not a cheap swap if you want it to be reliable.
Injection is a must, big custom rad, differential, 4.0L front coil Spring, list goes on and on and on!!

Thank you!The 5.0 swap looks insane and I know somw guys already did it.Maybe this could be a nice adventure.:bigup:

Nearly every swaps are possible,it only takes patience and time.I know there is one place were they do custum drive shafts.Radiator problem should not be so difficult,stuffing anything big enough and make it fit is I believe the answer.

Tony20v said:
Nearly every swaps are possible,it only takes patience and time.I know there is one place were they do custum drive shafts.Radiator problem should not be so difficult,stuffing anything big enough and make it fit is I believe the answer.

it's a fairly easy swap.
FI one are the harder(wiring :|)
there a step by step procedure almost on RPS website.
+ all pros & cons, of each set-up(engine, accessories, rad, diff, driving shaft, left pack, etc,etc

You can forget the 4.6 either. you can rip those out of any crown vic or other pick ups. might be cheaper to find then the 5.0 motor.

1988 Olds said:
You can forget the 4.6 either. you can rip those out of any crown vic or other pick ups. might be cheaper to find then the 5.0 motor.

The 4.6 doesn't fit under the hood of a ranger!

The engine is too wide.

If i was you, I would not swap anything,the 2.3 is very easy on gaz,and a 5.0 will only make your ranger spin and spin and spin and you will have no traction.And for those that says its an easy swap,well it is not,a lot of custom works need to be done and it will cost 10 times the price of your truck.

You can easily do the swap for 4K$ (work must be done by yourself)
A Lot of thing is bolt-on.

And no the 5.0L won't make you spin more than any other stock engine else then the anémic 2.3.

I can't have traction with my 5Spd 3.0L if I whant to.

A 5.0L auto won't be harder on gas then a 3.0L .

maxpat82 said:
The 4.6 doesn't fit under the hood of a ranger!

The engine is too wide.

well i dont know if it fits but ive seen a black 92ranger(the crow) it has a 460ci 650hp 650lbs and its not a drag truck but a street truck.he live somewhere in st-catherine or chateauguay maybe some of you saw him

lov2xlr8 said:
well i dont know if it fits but ive seen a black 92ranger(the crow) it has a 460ci 650hp 650lbs and its not a drag truck but a street truck.he live somewhere in st-catherine or chateauguay maybe some of you saw him

oui t'as raison: le 460 fit (avec un hood cowl de malade) et je dit pas sans autre modification majeur.

Mais pas un 4,6L dans un swap "abordable"

Le moteur est trop "court" (hauteur) pour pouvoir le descendre suffisamment bas (plus le poid est bas mieux c'est.) et meme en le positionnant haut les headers passerais pas sans avoir un hood cowl pas mal haut.
Ca sert a koi d'avoir un cowl de 4" juste pour mettre un 4,6, quand tu peut avoir le look stock avec un 5.0L? sleeper :D

Je me demande si avec un 5.0 le poids de la partie avant vas surement rendre la conduite dificile mais en ligne droite ca doit etre tripant!Un 2.3 turbo boosté a 12 psi ca a l'air pas pire ausis.En plus,c'est surement plus léger et mise a part le filage et le ECU ca doit etre tres similaire?:dunno:

En tout cas le 2.3 est économique oui mais,ca avance juste pas!Sur l'autoroute je suis forcé a rétrograder constament pour garder une bonne vitesse,dison 130 km/h,quand la route monte un peu ou le vend est dans ma face,je perds de la vitesse meme le pied dans le fond!Je sais que mon raport de diférenssiel est pour la grand route mais je suis sure qu'avec plus de punch venant du moteur je pourais garder ce dif. la.En tout cas avec les vents de 90 km/h d'hier,en 4 dans le fond je roulais a la vitesse fulgurante de 110 km/h puis pas besoin de freiner!

Avec un swap de 5.0 il est fortement suggéré de changer les coil spring pour ceux du V-6 KingCab. De cette facon le poid affecte moins la conduite.

Il existe aussi une compagnie qui en fais des custom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back