WTB/Recherche

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUB

RECHERCHE: Différentiel Arr. WRX LSD, pour aller sur une 2.5RS `05. Le swap se fait non?? Merci!!

Im 99% sure that the 2005 impreza RS got the 4.11 final drive ratios. In which case you can use the rear LSD from an automatic (4eat) wrx or one from a 2000/01 manual impreza RS. It should bolt strait in.

To be sure whats your engine spinning at when cruising at 120km/h?
If your turing ~2900rpm then you have the 3.90, if youre spinning at ~3250rpm then you have the 4.11.

The problem with a manual wrx rear diff is it only works with a manual wrx gearbox.
The wrx manual gearbox has a 1.1 center diff ratio and a 3.54 in the rear to give an fd of 3.90.

So if you car is 3.90 fd (I don’t think the rs has the 1.1 center) then you have to either swap the ring and pinion on the manual wrx rear differential or you can use an older legacy turbo lsd with the 3.90 or I think some forrester turbos got them (but im not sure which ones?)… In which case its probably easier to get the lsd cartridge from any wrx swapped into your current diff casing and gears. But changing the gears requires special tools to check the backlash and meshing… etc… I would suggest having a mech do it. Its not too expensive.

I was thinking of doing the same thing… but now I have an r180 ;)

Ps the r180 is 3.90 but only the sti shafts fit in it and thus require the sti hubs, and only the brembos fit those hubs…you see where this is going. lol

Having an lsd in the rear makes a noticeable difference in slippy conditions. Having them all around is nuts! Hehe

A worthwhile swap, hope you find one

Good luck!

thanks for the info!!!! And at 120 am a 3250rpm....so its a 4.11. If you come across anyone with one or gears, let me know!!!! Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back