BEWARE- Future Bikers. (R6,R1,Cruisers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

6thgear

Legacy Member
It's offical and pending law suit. For those looking for a Motocycle this spring BEWARE of MOTO SPORTS NEWMAN in LaSalle.
For the 5th time in 1 season, Moto Newman has cheated another customer. Parts were charged and never installed, and was only realized when it was brought to Moto Folie. This bike was featured in 3 motocycle Mags last Summer. (2000 Yamaha Roadstar). Another incident concerns 2 Yamaha R1s, it was brought there to be tuned late spring last year and when they received their bikes 2 days later, the 2 friends found it lagging power and decided to bring it to Moto International and discover that the sparkplugs were charged but was never installed, valve were never adjusted. Basically they were charged $380.00 each for an oil change.
Many other Bikers from Montreal that have dealt with Moto Sports Newman has been cheated and/or had their bikes tuned dangerously by thier incompetent Staff & mechanics. (2 Mechanics are under 20, and 1 girl under under 18.)

If you have any other incident concerning this establishment please POST .

I can't say that I agree with you. I have bought two bikes there and had all my servicing done there and never had a problem. I have a very good friend that has been dealing with them for 10 years and never had a problem.
I'm sure mistakes do happen as they do everywhere but at least the people at Newman will resolve any issues.
I'm not saying that your statement is false but I have dealt with them along with many of my friends and all and all I find them to be one of the best places in montreal.

well they are real characters, chicoine is another one too..

My friend went there, when his bike was acting weird, he wanted to tune his carb.. all he needed was a flat head screwdriver and they stated: "we don't have a flathead" which is totall f*cked up !, they have said thise to me once also.. i know you might not want to lend parts, but you dont have to be an asshole to a customer..

chicoine is no angel either... my dad bought 2 snomobiles and a Yamaha Wolverine ATV in 3 years and they are all new and over 10,000 each, ,i go in to get my Wolverine serviced and they treat me like shit, they dont even know what they are doing, they were putzing around for 20mins looking for tools

after that, i only get my stuff serviced at Moto Illimite

Chicoine is only good to buy materials (if they're in stock)but for servicing they SUCK! I once orderred a set of sprockets and they came in about 8 months later. I had already changed bikes and then they wouldn't give me my deposit back.

i went into newman moto looking for a motocross...i pretendend to not know anything about bikes since they didnt have anything i was looking for..

the guy was feeding me soo much bullshit, i just laughed in his face

i went to VASCO cigars the other day (i work in a tabagie) to buy a cigar...what a funny story, the bastard was trying to sell me a "handmade cuban cigar" that i know for a fact, that is machine made in Toronto, with cheap tabacco from the US...i made him look very stupid in front of all his customers

Humm buying parts at Chicoine sports.... I bought a Toby stering damper, they sold it for 700$ but the guy make ma a deal at 700 TX include. I got my bike stole and I wnt to Moto international to know how much was the Toby damper... my suprise MSRP was 615$!!!! what a deal he make to me!!!!!:eek:

Next time ask him to show you the price in ther books :0) and the service in chicoine is shit!! the guy who s manager of service is a real asshole and I have never see him smilying !!

Laval mot have good prices on part and good service!

You have to shop around. it seems as though alot of people in the car and motorcycle industries like to take people for a ride. If you know what you're looking for and know what it sells for then you stand a much better chance. unfortunately everyones out to make a buck!

I don't really agree with this: 2 Mechanics are under 20, and 1 girl under under 18.

Age does not mean the guy is not a good mechanic and for the girl, well that's just stupid. We have a girl working at my scrap yard and she's as good as any of us. She follows the same training and exams as the others so just because she's a girl doesn't mean she doesn't know what she is doing.

Now whit that being said, I've learned to only trust myself with my bike (or cars for that matter). No matter where you go, you will hear horror stories with every garage out there, but some more than others.

i totally agree with 6thgear on this! i've been riding for over 20 yrs and that fuc&$&$ shitty Newman bike store is a big rip-off! My riding gang has boycotted that damned place after they installed wrong parts and shit ****ing tune ups! All they kept saying is " we sorry but bring it back and we'll fix it for free"
incompetent ****s!!! They ruined mine & 4 of my fellow bikers bikes with thier inexperience!

Hey White Zombie, bring your bike there and then talk!

I'm not saying that dealer is any good, I do all my work myself on my bike so I have no experience with any dealer, what I'm saying is: it's not because the guys or girl working there are young that they are not good, that's all I was saying and same thing, just because she's a girl doesn't mean she's not good at fixing bikes. That's all I was trying to say.

My sons are 17 & 15. I have nothing against young children.
But after i saw that fukcing shop do those dangerous installations of parts on people's bikes. Don't forgot that a R1 has 150hp @ the rear! weights in around 400lbs only And they have three 20 year olds who doesn't even RIDE!!!! WTF, YOU must have a death wish to bring it to those fukheads!
Please bring your bike there and post your results afterward, if your bike doesn't fall apart on you while travelling over 200km.

hey CDNsi95, what kind of bikes & year were they?

Well it's not because they are under 20 that they have never ride. I am 19 and it's my second year with a bike. I do most of my reparation and mechanic by my self put I would never pretend to be ready to make professionnal mechanic. But if they follow some training in a school maybe they have the knowledge to make mecanic.

I don't know for the service but i know one thing, they can get best prices in Montreal for sportbikes...i bought 2 R-6 in 3 years there and after looking everywhere, i went to NEWMAN and they sold it to me like 1200$ cheaper than everybody else for a brand new bike in the box!
For mechanical, i can not say ! I never went there for tune-up ?

Well that's OK, I'll keep working on my bike myself but like you said, if the mechanic has never riden a motorcycle, it is kinda funny that he's fixing them (funny and not making much sense either).

Originally posted by WhiteZomby
I don't really agree with this: 2 Mechanics are under 20, and 1 girl under under 18.

Age does not mean the guy is not a good mechanic and for the girl, well that's just stupid. We have a girl working at my scrap yard and she's as good as any of us. She follows the same training and exams as the others so just because she's a girl doesn't mean she doesn't know what she is doing.

Now whit that being said, I've learned to only trust myself with my bike (or cars for that matter). No matter where you go, you will hear horror stories with every garage out there, but some more than others.
Well said Hugo:bigup:
I too have learned to trust nobody but myself when it comes to my repairs!

I too was dissapointed in the service I got at newman when I was shopping for a new bike last fall. A nonchalant attitude and lack of any motivation made me look elsewhere. Oh well.

EXACTLY!!! Chris.

fuk those BASTARDS. Shtty asholes!

Lucky we have better garages. For Yamaha Try Yamamoto (he's decent and doesn't try to rape your A-hole, Like Newman)
Moto folie is very good too.

Trust me and all those that posted, I don't think we are all wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back