R6 to R1 front fork conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LP-R6

Legacy Member
Does anyone have done it or know someone who have done it... because I have some question to ask before taking my final decision to do it or not.

If you have done it was it really hard or not.. etc.. problem that you had..

Why don't you get a aftermarket one instead? Is the R1 that much stiffer? (really asking, not being an ass).

I have seen an article somewhere....but I can;t remember. You might want to check to see if you can find something on...

www.r1-forum.com
Good luck with the UD fork conversion!

yeah well I almost buy the parts I need but it's around 500$ no installation so I put my money on a Scotts steering damper for the moment maybe in middle of summer I'll do it :0)

But you never replied to my question, why do you want to do that, are they stiffer?

I need a damper also, wheelieing on the highway led to some bad tank slaps last year and I don't want to loose my bike. Where did you buy it, that's a good deal and did you install it yourself?

If you wanna improve your suspension there is a guy in mtl that does just that. Rebuild or built from scratch to your weight and specs. fully adjustable apparently it's really sweet stuff he does.
I'm getting mine changed on my r1 front and back so I will let you know how it is.

forget the scott damper the guy couldn't do it because he can't sell lower that 10% that MSRP

The best price I had for a Hiperpro it 700$ tx included if you see better price somewhere tell me!

That seems like a lot. I seem to remember paying about $500 or so for my Hyperpro for my RC51. I have to shop for one for the new bike as well...

the best deal I found is 700$ tax incl. for a hyperpro I'm gone check in motorcycle show for good deals

Yep that's what I'm going to do also but I don't expect any deals at the Salon de la moto, their going to jack up the prices I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back