Turbo on a 1993 Celica GTS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkawim

Legacy Member
I'm looking to buy myself a Celica GTS 1993 and i have a question about the engine versatility...

I know that it comes in 2 engines...The normal 135HP/145 TORK engine as well as the Turbo 200HP/200 TORK...

now i THINK that the Celica TURBO has a 2.0L engine and i KNOW that the normal 4cyl model has a 2.2L engine...

Now here is my question...Is the turbo on the a Turbo Celica aplicable to the normal 4 cyl engine???

What i mean is...can it be done easealy...or are they 2 COMPLETELY differant setups??

If i'm right and the engine is a 2.0L on the turbo model...Then the same turbo on the 2.2L engine would give even greater power right???

Just like the WRX impreza and the Subaru 2.5RS

The engines are basically the same except the 2.5RS is more powerfull than the impreza without its turbo...so all the 2.5RS owners try to buy the turbo and set it on there car and have an amazingly fast car with a fairly cheap and easy solution...

If i am right and this is easy to do...i'd also like to know how muchthis turbo could go for...Legit of course...

Anywais...i'd apreciate the help!!

Peace out!

Karim

celica allwheel drive and the 2.2 is a total different engine..this issue was discussed on celica.net

a lot of ppl tried so hard to put a turbo in 2.2 ..and if ur able to do it , it wont give more then 5psi ..most of celica drivers will go for a swap...if ur welling on spending alot of money , u can get it done

hes talking about the 2.2 L , if its made to fit in a turbo then why modification compagnies dont make them???

Originally posted by bigkawim

What i mean is...can it be done easealy...or are they 2 COMPLETELY differant setups??

he asked the difference.. one is build to handle turbo power and work with it...

... i answered a paret of his question havent I ?

ok ok...

So basically it cant be done easy right???

Thats all i wanted to know!!!

thx guyz...guess i'll have to think about something else...i dont wanna spend too much money...maybe just leave it stock...i hear its fun to drive...

Karim

why dont you just keep your eyes opened for an All trac, instead of the GTS? or...get a GTS and swap the 3sgte in afterwards, like Mr.Two said.
i love those celicas....they have a badass look.

just a question to aquire knowledge....

but the 3sgte comes with a 4WD tranny right? so does the stock celica tranny go on easily? or would you have get a different one for the 2wd GTS setup?

the stock tranny can be fitted easily with the 3sgte on a GTS. Fitting the awd tranny to the gts is something else though :D.

swap is your best bet if you want power. Turbo isn't a good idea on the 5SFE since it will come to the same price as a swap but with less power and reliability.

getting an all trac is even better if you like to have fun in the snow in the winter :)

Man i which i had one for the winter, I was so close... If only i wouldn't have bought such a garbage... :(

the 5sfe is basically the crappiest engine during that period of time for mr2's/celicas. its not that easy/rewarding mod wise. i would definitely go with the swap.

call around for a jdm turbo ... they are front weal drive and you can get it for 2000 $ no joke ...call Dynamic 2000 (450) 443-5558

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back