Voiture préparée de main de maître!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonOncTsi

Tech guy
I watched the Tallpines rallye on RDS yesterday. Was happy to see all the Camo cars doing so well.

Mcgeer finished 1st overall in the season. Not surprising since he is supported by Subaru with his 400HP monster! He also happens to be a fabulous pilot, so that helps too. :)

2nd place for that event and 2nd overall in the national standing for 2001 was JS Besner on the Camo Tuning Mistubishi Evo 5.

What really caught my attention was when the commentators were talking about Jean-Sebastien and his team. They went on saying how great he did overall and how good of a driver he was (his group N car only makes about 270-280HP, so he is underpowered compared to some open class cars). He also mentionned how great was his car and how masterfully his car was perpared. "Voiture préparée de main de maître" he said.

So, I wish to publicly give my congratulations to Jean-Sebastien and his father and to the Masters of Rallye car prepping, Ben at Camo, Pierre-Luc Wilson, Serge Turcotte and Jean-Réal.

A small little shop that can compete with Subaru Canada and their ****load of money is a feat!

I can't wait for next season!

Congrats to jacques, Jean-Sebastien and the Camo crew...but please don't make me cry about budget...the besner team has one of the best package overall (budget and prep).....then even some of the socalled manufacturer team... and thats also great!!

McGeer finished first overall cuz the Sprongl's and their AUDI werent there. That's part of the reason why he finished first but I cant deny that Subaru has a great team.

Yep....watching the Tall Pines, it was quite impressive to see Besner go.....but ONE thing that really impressed me was how Frank is a dominating pilot....his car car is clearly underpowered compared to the subaru and we could see that on the split screen, but Frank is such a great pilot, at pretty much every curl, he gains on McGeer....McGeer is a good pilot....but Frank is that much bettet than McGeer....he pushes the car to its true limits....and he is so fluid in doing so!...just too bad they don't have the budget to keep up with subaru!

Just hope the sprongl's are going to be at the rally d'Quebec with their S2...last year they couldn't compete, they had an Audi Coupe which was really too underpowered, they year before though, they had the S2, and what a show it was, i had a chance to talk to them at the pitstop, thats what i like about rally!

I'm not saying that Besner is the only good pilot. I'd say that Frank Sprongl, John Nichols, JS Besner are all up there with Mcgeer! Not to mention Erickson. Well, the list could go on. But you have to put ALL the elements together to have a winning team.

BTW, Mcgeer Sub is said to be worth around half a million. The Besner team is not a Mickey Mouse team, that's for sure, but their budget is nothing compared to some of the Subarus.

Anyway, I have a feeling that Ben at Camo will clear things up for me. After all, I'm just a nerd who types stories on his computer, fiddles with his car and drive in straight line... ;)

That doesn't stop me from having a lot of admiration for all those rally team!

Besner is still learning .....

to me Frank sprongl should is by Far the best rally driver in the canadian championship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back