car corner weighted

Status
Not open for further replies.

paco

where do you get a car corner weighted ? i'm about to buy tein coilovers and people on the net say that you should get your car corner weighted everytime you **** with the height of your car. what is that ? do shops in mtl do that ? cuz i've never heard about anybody having their car corner weighted ! what's up ?

i've heard of people setting up their suspension according to their weight but how it's done I have no clue

never heard of it either i have mine dropped 2 inches in the front and 2 1/2 in the back and i never weighed anything

tell those retards to go hide under a rock! raising or lowering car does NOT change the corner weight. corner weight = weight at each tire :) basically you want your front left tires to equal your right rear and rear left to equal front right.

0------0
| |
| |
| |
0------0

as you see each line has to equal the other tires weight so basically the weight at each wheel is the same so car is very neutrally balanced. sounds hard isnt it? well it is incolves moving stuff around inside the car. very hard to get perfect but try to be as good as possible. so forget corner weighing your car each time you change heigh
go get an alignment instead

basically you want your front left tires to equal your right rear and rear left to equal front right.

Wouldn't that involve perfect 50/50 weight distribution both longitudinally and laterally? Lots of stuff to move around indeed :)

but how can you know for sure that the coilovers are lowered the same at each corner ? the coilovers aren't that precise as far as i know. what if the car as 4 differents heights at each corner ? It may not be detectable to the eye, but could it affect handling ? i think that's what the guy was talking about... maybe not

Last edited:
lets see how many ways there are. turn the key exactly 4 time 360 degrees at each corner, MEASURE from your center cap to fender, measure thread left or used on coilover. another example of stupid people spreading bad info :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back