Nissan 300zx tt reliability

Status
Not open for further replies.

[ShInGo]

Legacy Member
Hi everybody, for over a year I was trying to find out what is the best sport car I could afford, I think I finally made my decision.

The nissan 300zx tt, but one question remain, what about the reliability and the spare part cost.

I would like to know what I should expect to pay to keep a car like that, let's say it's a 92 with 120000km. Before the purchase, what should I do, what are the main problems with the car.

By the way, don't tell me I can't afford the insurance, I just called and for me it's 1800$ per year, so it's ok.

Please any good info will be greatly appreciated, I will buy it in may.

Good driver.. 3 of my friends got quoted way over 5000$ a year. I heard those cars aren't close as reliable as civics and tegs... BUT the difference is that its actually a real sport car..

From my experience for working on a customer's 240sx, wich must share some similitudes in concept, pars are expensive, but working on that car is easy.

Everything is well made, i changed the clutch on a 240sx and it went so smoothly.. takes an hour.

If I'm allowed to give you a reccomandation, get a RWD one, not an AWD. This will reduce your maintenance cost.

As for price parts, that clutch was about the same price as a honda unit, but keep in mind there is less of those cars on the road, so finding specific and not-so commons part can get tricky.

If you can afford some downtime from time to time, then you will have time to shop for parts when they break. Otherwise it's the Nissan dealer that will benefit.

Anyway.. sorry for long post, and good luck with your supercar choice.

Fred

Thanks, for helping, y the way, since the 300zx won't be my everyday car and stored in the winter, the insurance are a lot cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back