ENGINE ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyline35

Legacy Member
Lets say i have the normal Si engine ( yr:2000 ) ( the 127 hp ) and i buy a B18C Integra 1994 , is the engine gonna break down in like 3-4 years or is gonna last long ?? whats the secret to make your car and engine live long ??
thanx ...

dont go all out crazy with the engine when you drive. give regular oil changes.watch what kinda parts you put into it. when it breaks down dont take shortcuts fix it well.and that engine will last you a while

i see a lot of ppl with old cars ,but nice ones ( like 1987-1988 ) and stil in perfect condition ( they are 16 years old !!!!!!!!!!! ) and still look good ! howwwwwww ?? :lol:
i guess you gotta love your car and take care of it

it doesnt matter how old the car is, its more on how the car is maintained. ive seen 2 blown type-R motors with less than 9 000 km on them. and 1 VR6 with less than 3000km on it.

man oh man.........what did they do to their engines??????

dont forget a prelude, 7000rpm in fourth put it into 3rd insted of 5th by accident, i think 12 of the 16 valves were bent!!!

dont laugh, you know those short shift kits that everyone loves? well you get one of tose and itll probably happen more than you think.

The more you beat your engine the more you have to take care of it!!!!
Change the timing belt at 80000km instead of 120000km,oil change 3000km instead of 5000km,valve lash if applicable every 20000km,tuneup every year,change every 2 yrs or 40000km which ever comes 1st,change trans oil every spring,adjust clutch when needed if applicable,change thermostat every 2 yrs,inspect and change rad hoses when ballooning,

In other words take care of it as if it was your health!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back