Is Hondata really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThorsCRX

:dunno: I'm pondering between Hondata and Jet Chip at the moment but I don't know which one is worth it or if one is at all.. Can anyone help me with this head scratching decision??:confused:

PM me with your aplication and ill give you my input
Hondata S-100 kit all inclusive should run you $800.00

I have a B16A1, I've put in accel wires with iridiums plugs, I don't know if the guys that did my engine changed my comp. or not. If they did it's for the B16A otherwise it's for a stock SI. I plan to put on timing gears with pulley's and advance timing accordingly. Does that help?

ditch the wire set ,ignition system should be stock.
A good exhaust system and a set of type R cams should net you 30 hp to the wheels,with the right tuning.

If the ignition system should be stock than why do all racer's have performance ignition systems. If it should be stock than why?

Remember,if it works do not replace it .
If your stock clutch works are you going to upgrade it?
Same of the ignition system.I can show you 3 ten second all motor hondas that run stock ignition systems,reving past 10.000 rpm.If It works for them it will most definately do the job for most of us

sounds pretty cool. Would it ever be possible for a B16A1 to get up to 10K rpm or would I have to change to a B18A or C.

ok LaminarX , here is a thing then.
If the stock CAMS WORK, why change em?
if stock exchaut works why change it too?

people change the stock clutch to get better starts and shifting. So I suppose, people that change the ignition have something in mind too....

Last edited:
In terms of clutches it is really hard to beat the original product.If your setup exceeds the limit of the stock clutch(ie-clutch slips due to too much power),you have no choice but to look into a clutch system with more clamping force.
In the case of camshafts or exhausts, if you want to put more power to the ground,you need to get more air flow through the motor.Then you have to find a product that will really work.(plenty of products on the market that will hurt the cars performance)
Thats when you arrive at ignition system. Most of the time ,the aftermarket ignition systems that I have seen dont work.
When you change a part you want to see results.
Just because someone sells a product it does not mean it works.
Im talking about my experiences,others might have thier own opinions.You can listen to all different opinions then choose your own route
Thanx Rob

have you ever tried any ignition parts from moroso? or accel? seeing as these are top sellers and sponsor pretty big teams they must be doing something right. Perhaps though their products are deisgned for race or extreme high pro. engines and with that in mind then there would be no need to change unless needed like you said. But what exactly can I do to get the maximum amount of airflow into the engine? Cold air - Ram air? what about exhaust ..... I would like to put a turbo in the future so should even bother with a header in the mean time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back