Need help to Mod RSX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLVR-RSX

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me, aside from cold air intake and catback, what else I can do to get a few extra hps in my rsx, short of replacing the engine, without cleaning my wallet.

thanks

I would have to say next step would be a nice header! I would go with DC Sports in this area! As well get a high flow cat to go with it and then youll have a nice flow into yuor car and a nice non restrictive flow out of your car!

Originally posted by SLVR-RSX
base model. I figure, for the 8000$ difference, I should be able to do something nice ;-)

maybe, but with 8000$ difference, you'll never get the performance of the type-s unless you go FI. That would be my suggestion.

FI? and by the way, there's only 40 hp diff between the base the the type-s. I can't beleive I can't gain more than 40hp with 8000$.

Now, I'm not saying I want to put this kind of money in my car. But I would like it to have a bit more kick.

I often hear people talking about pulleys and cam gears and stuff like that. Does this kind of stuff really make a difference?

thanks for the advice guys.

40 hp is no easy feat when keeping to a daily driven naturaly aspirated engine. Complete header, catback, intake system will get yu to the most 10 hp with the new k series engines.

Unfortunately, your new rsx is still waiting for the aftermarket world to produce more power option.

fi-->forced induction-->turbo, superchargers and Nitrous kits

This would most likely be your best bet, a properly tuned Nitrous Oxide Kit.

Base model..

Well here' the individual parts with the most gains thus far for bolt-ons

Magnaflow Exhaust system. relatively quiet too.

Injen Cold Air Intake Good gains in low end torque and and about a 7-8 Peak HP gain.

DC Sports Header

Underdrive pulleys will free up maybe 1-2 HP..for the price it's not worth it. Cam gears to work poperly you need a dyno to tune them to actually get some gains.

the Apex'i VAFC might work in changing your i-vtec point after the mods..and leaning out your fuel a little. again requires a Dyno.

Some intake and exhaust port work would help. As would new camshafts, but that's getting a little pricey.

Although the K20A3 motor (base) is no match for the detuned K20A2 motor there is some help.Hondata has developed a new flash program to add aprox 12 hp and 8 lbs of torque to the motor with some computer work.
Although its not cheap it does work
Cost of reprograming your computer including shipping is
1200.00 canadian.Mods can be done within 3 days.
Rob-Auto laminar-Hondata distributor
(514)595-5394

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back