Clone Rota vs Real Mugen

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DannyITR

I was wondering what you guys think of the Rota wheels. I believe the 16 inch are 12 lbs vs 9lbs for mugen. I like the mugen alot but I believe there is a big price difference. I wanted to know everyone's thoughts on which one they would pick keeping the budget in mind. For 3 lbs is it worth the extra cash? By the way I think I have a pic of the Rotas but I'm not sure. Are these them?

sanair0091.JPG

Pic of the Mugens:

rsx_08.jpg

yup danny, those are the rota c8. This is what i have, in gun metal :D

15" = 11 lbs

xxplosifone_16.jpg

xxplosif1-01.jpg

wheel

I think that there are plenty of other light wieght wheel out there not all are cheap, most people( type r owner from Honda tech) buy slipstreams as a track wheel.

Personally I like Advan RG, I think that they are 13 or 15,( sorry I am stupid and don't konw how to post pics)

IMO unless you are doing alot of lapping or track days, the money spend for such a small wheight savings could be spend on motor build up

Re: wheel

it is good for track, but they're good for acceleration too :D

And yes, the rota slipstream are great too, its a copy of the spoon's

Re: wheel

I heard that every extra pound on the wheel is 2 hp lost to the ground, so is it worth the $$$$$$$$$$$. I think so if your power hungry.

first, that RSX is real sick! and the 2 mags in the 2 pics dont even look the same...

i bet that mugen are just better quality like a name brand...

That's a bad clone if you ask me, 8 directly opposed branches compared to 5 sets of 2 branches for the Mugen's...

I'd go for the Mugen's, better looking.

Pa

i'd also go for the mugens the other ones look pretty s h i tt y !
but maybe its just the car that kills the mags :evil: !

exactly, you get mugen if daddy wants to get them for you :D

you get rotas if you dont give a @#%$

From a weight point of view, the mugen's arent worth the extra bucks. Reason being, gasoline has a denisity of 0.8Kg/L or 1.76lb/L so if you just put a few litres less of gas in your tank you can make up that wieght diffrence. Plus you can always do more cost effective stuff do reduce weight, take out the seats for example. But from an aesthetic point of view, the Mugens do look cooler, get them if you got the cash.

telram, weight @ the wheel and weight in the car are not the same thing. You have to account for the force or the enertia needed to turn the wheel. Once the wheel is turning, that is when the weight of the car comes into play. That is why it is important to have light wheels.

A rotating mass translates to much more weight than dead weight. This is why light wheels and a light clutch flywheel are big improvements.

I still think the Mugens are not worth the money (from a weight point of view) but I would still get them because I like them better (assuming I had any cash at all, which I don't).

I say Rotas... But I remember seeing somebody's C8's that broke on honda-tech.com.

Lightweight wheels are cool. I'm planning on finding me some Gunmetal Rota Subzeros!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back