contesting tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vtec powah

hey guys does anyone know what happens if i contest my ticket, and when they call me to go to court if i dont go... i dont mind paying the ticket, i just dont wanna pay it now, i have some other more important car things to buy first.

yeah DASO is right...

you lose AND you pay more......

I've done it before, and i believe it was about $40 or $50 dollars extra, no biggie.

Contest your ticket! If you answer them that you want to contest it in the prescribed amount of time written on the ticket they will give you a court date. THEN..you change the court date and 99 times out of a hundred the cop won't show up. Don't bank on this completely though....

Tell me what the exact situation was for your ticket and I'll tell you what your odds are of winning. It's super easy. I'm going to court march 7th for a speeding ticket.

Check out this website for info...it's amazing!

www.magma.ca/~fyst/index.htm#toc

It is for Ontario cases, but almost identical to the Quebec system....anyways....email me or type out what the infraction was, whether you were really guilty, or if there was anything strange about the circumstances surrounding the ticket.

Reactions: EV
Oh...and if you know you are guilty, the court costs are included in the ticket...so by saying "not guilty" on the ticket...then getting to your court date (you have to show up) it will be like 3 months away and this will give you lots of time to pay your ticket! It doesn't matter if you are guilty or not....when you arive at the courthouse on the day of your hearing they will try to plea bargain with you (or if they don't you could try the same) and if NOTHING like that happens, you STILL have ther option to pay ONLY THE AMOUNT ON THE TICKET with no late penalties or extra court costs....right before the trial is about to begin. Actually they love this because they don't have to do anything, and they still get your money. But I seriously suggest that if there is even a TECHNICAL issue with your ticket, especially if it was a radar ticket...that you contest it and go through with the whole process. Good luck. :)

uhhh... if you plead not-guilty, you are sent a letter about a month or two later, asking you if your SURE you want to plead not-guilty.

If you do end up pleading not-guilty, another 2 months later you receive your court date. Whether you go to court or not, (considering you lose) your going to have to pay an extra $50 for court fees. However should you win, you don't have to pay those court fees, or the fine. But in some cases, like one that I had, they may find you partially guilty. I had run the stop I knew that, but my defense was that I slid through. It was a little icy out that day. The judge accepted that, but said that in those conditions, I should be braking earlier, and instead of paying the full fine, I only had to pay a partial amount.
What I would suggest is pleading not guilty, and then when they send the confirmation back to you, to make sure, change it to guilty and pay the fine. It'll take roughly 2 months.

my ticket was for driving in the emergency lane, i know its dumb, but i was really in a hurry, it was important. anyways if i tell that to the judge what do you think he will say??
by the way thanks for all you guys help

if u have a good reason he mite let u go
u gotta tell him the reason
isnt that why they call it the ermengency lane!

whats it like when you goto court for a ticket, ive never been there before... is there alot of people there, does it take a long time to get in an out??

By the way cops don't have to show up. This is a myth. No cops have ever showed up at the 3 tickets I've contested and I still had to give my case. I won all three.

Yeah, they have a representative with all the details of the ticket, the cop NEVER shows, specially if it's the SQ, they really couldn't care less I think...I'm not too sure on municipal though...

Reactions: EV
THEY dont show up -POINT-
municipal or shiznitable . they dont need to anyways, they got the city lawer's to represent them . They got a job to do , PROTECT AND SERVE.....and give tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back