240sx coupe project in Lespac...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GearheadRWD

Just a heads up.......

Theres an 89 240sx coupe with a blown engine in Lespac that I went to see yesterday....

Owner said the car had no rust, well it had holes in the shock towers, rear frame on the driver side looked split, rockers had small holes, front fenders had rust, trunk floor had 2 small holes, and the inside 1/4 panel behind the wheels in the back was rotted. I couldn't see the passenger side frame since there was too much snow and dog sh*t on that side.

Besides that, the body seemed solid. Doors didn't hang and the 1/4's were clean, it had small bubbles around the sunroof.

He was asking $1200 said he wouldn't go below $1000.....

What I saw looked fixable for someone who can weld really well, and has the time and space. I can't weld for sh*t so thats not an option.. It was an hour drive, so I was a little pissed that it was indeed rusty when the kid said it wasn't

http://www.lespac.com/search/detail...&prixfrom=De...&prixto=%C0...&offre=t&etatb=t

Anyways JUST A HEADS UP FOR ANYONE THINKING OF GOING TO SEE IT. ITS NOT MY CAR.

Go to Toronto and pay an extra 4 grand for a 100% rust free car with a mint interior and engine that runs perfect. Sure that thing is fixable, but like 90% of the 240s in Quebec, it's a pile.

logik23 said:
Go to Toronto and pay an extra 4 grand for a 100% rust free car with a mint interior and engine that runs perfect. Sure that thing is fixable, but like 90% of the 240s in Quebec, it's a pile.

Or spend 5 grand and get it from import concern...

If its got holes and a blown engine it worth the grand but If you have another 3-4 thousand to spend on body n paint. plus another 5 on a SWAP. sounds like a good base car though.

A rust bucket with a blown engine, especially a 89 shouldn't be sold for more than 500$!! The owner is crazy...

surfinturf said:
If its got holes and a blown engine it worth the grand but If you have another 3-4 thousand to spend on body n paint. plus another 5 on a SWAP. sounds like a good base car though.

If I wanted to spend 5G's, Id just head down to Toronto and get one like this:
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.aspx?vlotid=516901&adid=5063760
90,000 original KM's......

BUT I dont need a *mint* car, I don't care about the interior or engine - just solid floor/frame....even the body can be rusty with some holes, I just don't want to have to hire a welder as an employee to fix the frame and floors.

Anyways, yeah for 1,000 IT WAS A PILE.

Anyone want to make a road trip to Toronto:dunno:

GearheadRWD said:
Just a heads up.......

Theres an 89 240sx coupe with a blown engine in Lespac that I went to see yesterday....

Owner said the car had no rust, well it had holes in the shock towers, rear frame on the driver side looked split, rockers had small holes, front fenders had rust, trunk floor had 2 small holes, and the inside 1/4 panel behind the wheels in the back was rotted. I couldn't see the passenger side frame since there was too much snow and dog sh*t on that side.

Besides that, the body seemed solid. Doors didn't hang and the 1/4's were clean, it had small bubbles around the sunroof.

He was asking $1200 said he wouldn't go below $1000.....

What I saw looked fixable for someone who can weld really well, and has the time and space. I can't weld for sh*t so thats not an option.. It was an hour drive, so I was a little pissed that it was indeed rusty when the kid said it wasn't

http://www.lespac.com/search/detail...&prixfrom=De...&prixto=%C0...&offre=t&etatb=t

Anyways JUST A HEADS UP FOR ANYONE THINKING OF GOING TO SEE IT. ITS NOT MY CAR.

Pareille comme le mien:bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back