Body Work... what have you had done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoYaL FLuSH

Hi,

I suppose this is geared more towards (but not limited to) those of you with older cars. A lot of you must have had to bring your cars to body shops for repairs due to rust, dents, accidents, etc. My question to you all is what body work have you had done to you car, and how much did it cost you?

I myself have a 1991 Nissan 240sx and I'm bringing my car to my friend's body shop this week for an estimate. I need to have the drivers side floor, frame rail and shock tower repaired (due to rust). If it won't cost me too much then I'll also have a rust spot on my rear hatch, and have a crack on my rear bumper repaired and repainted. If it ends up costing me too much then I'll probably do the hatch and bumper myself...

I'm hoping that he'll hook me up with a decent price since I often send people to him for body work. Even his boss told me that if I ever needed body work done he'll gimme a good price. :bigup:

So, your turn...

What have you guys had done? :D

To answer your question: everything.

Prices vary alot when it comes to paint, for exemple painting a regular bumper can go from 80$ to 350$...it really depends on the quality of the job/products used/color of the car, etc, etc.

For the job that you have to do on your car a good job should cost ALOT more than what your car is worth.

I've had a 1990 Corolla GT-S redone completely 8 years ago, there was some rust on the door jambs, hiding behind the bumpers, fender lips in a few areas. Shaved a couple side markers, replaced all window seals with brand new parts from the dealer, and did a complete color change as well. The job cost 5000$, if that's any indication.

Well, i just got back from my friend's body shop...

The price quote I got was $1600 for the entire job. That includes a new shock tower, frame rails, floor, and redoing the hatch. I told them 1st and foremost that I don't care about the cost as long as the work is done properly. Quality of work has priorty. This is an AMAZING price that they will not be making any money off of. Without a hook up it could easliy cost upwards of $4000. I'm really happy with the quote and I'll be bringing my car there next month.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is being without my car for 1-2 weeks :(

RoYaL FLuSH said:
I told them 1st and foremost that I don't care about the cost as long as the work is done properly. Quality of work has priorty. :(
Thats brave ! surprised they didnt bend u over

67Continental said:
i did one of my pickups, the entire truck body, myself, one month back in 1997. Was a good learning experience.
yea, i need to do that toooo, or i just turn my truck into the ultimate bush machine*blah*

SoloCivic said:
Thats brave ! surprised they didnt bend u over

as i already said, a good friend of mine works there and the boss already told me before that whenever i'd need any work done he'd hook me up... there's no way i'd say that at any other place!

J'espère qu'ils vont pas butcher la job. Pis inquiète-toi pas, ils font pas ça gratuit, s'il que dit "qu'il fera pas d'argent avec toi" je me méfierais, il vas sûrement couper à quelque part... :(

Hokuem said:
J'espère qu'ils vont pas butcher la job. Pis inquiète-toi pas, ils font pas ça gratuit, s'il que dit "qu'il fera pas d'argent avec toi" je me méfierais, il vas sûrement couper à quelque part... :(
who cares, it's still dirt cheap
and i think they will do a proper job since he knows the guy

RoYaL FLuSH said:
as i already said, a good friend of mine works there and the boss already told me before that whenever i'd need any work done he'd hook me up... there's no way i'd say that at any other place!
true sayyyy , Hook ups own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back