s2000 swap in 5g civic

Status
Not open for further replies.

civicrulz

what is needed to swap into an eg civic ?, s2000 engine , rsx type s transmission and modified integra motor mounts?can someone give me a detailed explaination and what is exactly needed please thanks

thats not the kind of answer i need, if i ask its because i didi not find the information i needed and i want more tips thanks

honestly your gonna need a hella time and alot of money (S2000 is rear traction) civic front traction. secondly the engines are built in diff. by the i mean open your hood and you will notie your tranny is in the middle of the engine as in an s2000 the enging is not left to right its up to down so the tranny is is on the top of it you'll have to try and fit it like that my opinion go for something else. (unless you got the money)

s2k rsx engine turn clockwise, one guy in the us paid 11k usd for a k20 swap from a rsx type s.

You get the idea, lots of custom work, and money, and time.

There is NOBODY selling k series engine mount kits (like the kind hasport makes) for older cars AT THIS TIME.

does the transmission of a rsx type s fit on a s2000 engine?is the block from a s2000 the same as a crv 97-2001?they are are both 2 liters.

the problem is not the engine itself its how it is placed

l--tranny
S2000 engine goes this way [ ]--engine

l--tranny
your civic goes this way ----
-----engien
----

one is inline with the tranny the other the tranny in inthe middle of it get it???

Originally posted by matt
s2k rsx engine turn clockwise, one guy in the us paid 11k usd for a k20 swap from a rsx type s.

Was done in a 2001 civic, was also done in a 6th gen civic.

a 5g civic is the same as a 6g civic so the rsx type s fits, and the head gasket of a rsx type s is the same as a s2000 so the s 2000 engine fits, using a rsx type s transmission since it turns the same way, so what else is needed i need information

Have u thought about H22a engine ? not as powerful as the S2000 transversal engine but much more cost-effective !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back