Le nombre de Nissan ds Fast n' Furious !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watever

Legacy Member
Hey, che pas si vous aviez remarqué mais dans le film ya une coupole de Nissan ! Pis c poche, je les avaient même pas remarqué là !

Jesse = VW Jetta (blanc)
Dominic = RX-7 (rouge)
Letty = Nissan 260SX (pourpre)
Vince = Nissan Maxima (bleu)
Leon = Nissan Skyline (jaune)
Johny Tran = Honda S2000

Kkun pourrait me dire de koi il s'agit une 260sx ??? G pogné les données dans une revue française alors d fois les maudits francais là ! :D

Ça serait cool aussi si du monde pourrait me trouver des photos de la 260sx et la Maxima ! G vraiment pas remarquer trop trop la maxima ! on la pas trop vu !

Pis tant qu'à y être de la Skyline aussi serait le fun mais ça, on en voit souvent parreil. mais bon ! :D

wtf is wrong with you munchy. why do you think the KA engine is crappy? its an awesome engine. take a ride in a 240 and youll see it right away. its a powerful car even in america! dont think because japan has the silvia that ours sucks. slap a turbo onto that engine you can get to 435 HP without too much trouble.

Originally posted by sspikey
wtf is wrong with you munchy. why do you think the KA engine is crappy? its an awesome engine. take a ride in a 240 and youll see it right away. its a powerful car even in america! dont think because japan has the silvia that ours sucks. slap a turbo onto that engine you can get to 435 HP without too much trouble.
LOL ... sspikey you can get a KA24DE up to 435hp with just a turbo? wow... I best go tell cthunder over on altimas.net that his 13sec Altima can be turned into an 11sec one! He's only got about 300hp at the flywheel, and thats with an a block rebuild. Damn, if I had only known my KA could put out 435hp before I decided the engine was slow. Dude, if your going to want the KA pushing into the 400hp range, your going to need som mucho $$$. And it will not happen "without much trouble", in fact there will be a lot of testing and dyno runs in order to tune each part you put on it. Lets not even talk about how the reliability of the motor will be after you've done all that!

99AltimaXE, Nsport makes a turbo kit pushing 7psi, with skyline intercooler and no mods to the engine internal, it does 240 hp at the wheels, and someone on zilvia.net has it on dyno... and it really makes 240whp... so i don't think it has that much difficulties to make over 400hp...

chek it at www.nsport.com
you'll see the KA24DE is not that bad...

Originally posted by BillyTheKid
99AltimaXE, Nsport makes a turbo kit pushing 7psi, with skyline intercooler and no mods to the engine internal, it does 240 hp at the wheels, and someone on zilvia.net has it on dyno... and it really makes 240whp... so i don't think it has that much difficulties to make over 400hp...

chek it at www.nsport.com
you'll see the KA24DE is not that bad...
Dude, I can take a Suzuki Swift engine and turn it into a 250whp monster, but it WILL run lean and HOT. THAT WAS MY POINT. And 7psi won't give you 240whp. Maybe to the flywheel, but NOT to the wheels. the Altima makes 150 hp at the flywheel, I'm guessing here but probably around 120 to the wheels. The 240SX has a better intake and some other stuff, and it does 155hp at the flywheel. And your telling me a bolt-on turbo and an intercooler will give a 2.4L engine 120+ whp? Dude, it's not just power wise either, with that drastic a change in power, that engine is going to have problems... pistons/rings melting, or just flying through the hood with the detonation. the only turbo kit I'd recommend on a stock KA is the Fmax kit. I don't know what you drive, but my car has the KA24, and I have done research on it. And there are very few kits available out there for it. Most people make custom turbo installs, but thats after an engine rebuild. The KA can't handle too much stock boost, due to it's high compresion.

i drive a 1992 240sx, i've made many researches for putting a turbo on it, i looked for the sr20det possibility, and the ka24de with turbo kit, and i will defenitely go for ka24deT... many peoples with 240sx has said to me it was a damn good engine... the Fmax doesn't interest me because it takes parts from other cars, and a little T3/T4 turbo is too small for what i want... if y need more boost, i'm gonna need to buy another turbo... the NSport turbo kit is made to fit the 240sx... with custom exhaust manifold, and custom T04B turbo, with bigger exhaust outputs, for the 2,4lts displacement... this summer, i take the engine out, i'm replacing every seals, new rods bearings, new rods and pistons, and next winter, i go for NSport turbo kit, i know someone who will do the same as me, the ka24de is a truck engine, it was tought to be solid, so it can take a lot of boost... maybe it could be pricy to make a 400hp car, but this setup makes 240whp for sure !!

Originally posted by sspikey
slap a turbo onto that engine you can get to 435 HP without too much trouble.
Remeber this Billy? This is what prompted my part of the discussion. And as I was saying, without reinforcing a stock motor, it will blow something. I don't doubt you can get out 400hp, it's just that you'll need a lot of work. It aint going to be easy.

I'd say it's how much $$ you got and what you wanna do and the condition of the engine.

what i mean is it's expenive maybe but turbocharging any car isn't cheaper... and it's about the same price to to supercharge a ka24de thah to swap for a sr20det... and it's proven the stock internal can handle some boost... the weak points are te pistons and the rods, the rods can handle 330hp and the pistons are tested up to 250hp... personnaly i'm gonna replace them because i want more than 250hp at the flywheel, but for someone who want a low boost setup, he can put a T3/T4 turbo and run at 3,5psi without any internal reinforcement with no problem...
i agree you need some $$ to get some boost, probably the same amount of cash than you would put on another engine, but you can have amazing results when compared to the same job on another engine...

just take a look at this website : http://www.sdsefi.com/features/240sx.htm

"Anyone who discounts the 240 engine as a crude truck motor without performance potential should look at these figures. It is hard to beat cubic inches when it comes to torque. At only 7.5 psi, the stock hp has been DOUBLED. Think of what a fresh, 16 valve would do with porting, cams and 15 psi. Probably 500 + hp.

One of the first victims of the 240 was a 4.6 liter DOHC Mustang which I liquidated at only 3.5 psi. It was no contest at all."

but compared to an SR swap the KA turbo setup would be more problematic right? i mean the SR was desined for boost.

i don't know the sr20 very well but i've always heard the ka24 was taking the boost very well, and i've never heard real bad stories about turboed ka24... maybe the sr20 makes less trouble once installed but it should a pain in the *** to install on a 240sx... find new tranny, new clutch, ecu,wiring...
and don't forget the engine is probably not in perfect condition when you get it... if i would have been a japanese knowing i would have to change my engine in few months, i would not treat it as i actualy treat my engine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back