Need help...Will MY ENGINE BLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

90TegGS

if i have 88.000 miles on my integra engine but a new valve train and it runs and sounds great...if i put a small turbo and run like 7 psi will i blow my engine?

Leak down test and compression test will give you a idea of the state of your engine. If engine is within oem specs, you're fine.

Test your compression..change the head gasket,,if compression holds well, your all good. Might want to change your oil rings and go for a mnor overhaul at this point though. Re-crosshatching the cylinder walls checking for warpage and uneven wear. Overboring if necessary.

Should run you about $1100 for new rings, re-honing the block, new head gasket and you'll be ready for a turbo no sweat

lower your compression a bit but putting a spacer between the head gasket and the engine block. change your pistons rings, and while you have the pistons off the block, it would be a good idea to re-hone the cylinders. use a boost-dependant regulator when you turbo a natully aspirated car. Vortech regulators is supposed to be a good choice of product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back