ToYoTa MaTrIx

Status
Not open for further replies.

kourjakian

Legacy Member
Hello, my gf has a 2003 matrix... I need ideas to what to do with it (modify)

I was thinking of putting the xrs skirt with !9 or 20 inch rims...

Ideas???

matrixflyer1.jpg

will be here soon.....hopfully....

i think blitz already made a supercharge for that 1.8 celica engin
and it claims to have around 270 hp if i remember correctly

i have mixed feelings about it, its not that i hate it but there are something about it i dont like. One being that its very high off the ground... it reminded me of a mini van.

yeah, it is a bit high, but thats alright. its not a sports car.

for having 270hp and 4wd in a matrix you have to modify alot!!!! and i mean a hell lot!

what are you talking about? its AWD stock, and that supercharger claims to give 270hp :dunno: :dunno:

you can have the 4wd but it only comes with the 1zzfe 123 hp engine check the specs on toyota.com ......and no super charger will give you 270 hp on any 4 cylinder engine...

The matrix is not available in 4wd(wich is not a real 4wd by the way) with the 2zzge engine (from the celica)

and on the celica 180hp engine you can not put a sc that will give you 270hp you would have to put an inter cooler, fuel management, and lower the compression rate a bit....11.5:1 is way to high for a super charger...even a turbo...take a 4agze for exemple the compression rate is 8.1:1 and some jdm models 8.9:1 11.5:1 is just suicide..

and the gze block are way stronger than the aluminium 2zzge....

a good engine to boost is the 1zzfe (corolla matrix and celica gt)
because of the lower comp.rate and because of the fe head wich flows better for boost applications than the ge head
because of the valve angle fe 33.1° vs the ge 43°....

and if you read in the picture of the trd super charger they claim a 35 % increase in power... so 130hp + 35%=175.5hp....

hope i did not loose anyboby
:confused:

i know they have a supercharger.... there is no claim on the power yet....
any super charger or turbo that is put on a STOCK 2zzge will most likely not have more than 6-7 maybe 8 psi....or the engine will blow up...

so at 8 psi @9hp per psi that gives you 252 we are a bit short of the 270hp...

maybe because the blitz unit as a inter cooler that will make up for the hp gap that is there?
does anyone have a dyno or article??

hey perhaps i wrong but it seem to me to much 270 thats all !:cool:

but 250 in a 2500lbs car it is very good and i wish i had that!!!:bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back