3S-GTE J-Specs 3rd Gen???

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fen-X

Anyone can tell me the best place to buy a 3S-GTE 3rd generation engine with the japonese specification=low price, low km....thanks

I got mine frome Japan Motor you might want to try there. These engines are SUPER rare so finding one is kinda tough. Osaka told me they could get one but it might be a bit of a wait, might be worth a shot.

Hope this helps...

for 3s-gte you can go see on jspecauto website at www.jspecauto.com !!! i'm from shawinigan, quebec,canada and we are 5 trying to find 3s-gte swap at low price ... we wanna do a group buy .. so the swap price is gonna be lowest !!!

hmm, I hope your getting them cheaper than 925.00 US. Osaka quoted me $1300 CAN two weeks ago for a second gen and it included the intercooler. Might be worth talking to them, they do GB's too.

well I heard there is a couple of places in Montreal importing japan engines......I know Swap-JDM can get nearly everything but they cost way too much. My friend went in Ontario to buy his motor (4A-GE) and he paid 900$ CAN without the transmission. I got to know about their 3S-GTE 3rd gen but i know they can have it...........but can you tell me more about Osaka? any website? where are they located? cuz 1300$ seems good for a second gen.... I plan to pay something like 3000$ CAN for a 3rd gen with every components (transmission, ECU, intercooler). Oh and any of you got an MR2??

Osaka is on Langalier (sp?) off the 40 east near the turnoff for the tunnel.

The reason it's really tough to find a 3rd gen is because most importers don't really know much about them. You either pay WAY to much if they know what it is or you get a great deal because they don't have a clue (I got mine for less than alot of 2nd gens). Be ready though, there are some things that are more complicated with the 3rd gen. It was a much more technically advanced engine so swaps using it are tougher (though not as bad on an MR2).

Plus you're lucky, I beleive all MR2's, even JDM have the harness enter on the same side of the engine bay. Extending my harness is going to be the most annoying part for me :(

Be sure to ask specifically for an MR2 3sgte and not just a 3sgte. You'll be in a world of trouble trying to adapt a celica engine to work in your car (though its not impossible).

Karel
TWM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back