4-1 vs 4-2-1 or is it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

teg92

Legacy Member
members.aol.com/kmikzehpp/quality.htm

You see Kamikaze makes 4-1 headers and 4-2-1 headers, but to me I really can't see the difference their 4-2-1 would provide since it's not really 4-2-1. The manifold already goes into 1 so what would splitting back into 2 provide? More backpressure?

The real way to find out is dyno time with all of them!!!!!!

Unfortunately I need to choose!!! I am in contact with a guy with 4-1 on his worked LS and he's making great power. So I think I'd just go with the single pipe downpipe. But don't you see my point?

All the NHRA guys are going with the 4-2-1 deal but depending on engine size,rpm,and induction system for the headers!!!!!!!
I would look into that and by the time you come to the shop I'll have an answer!!!!!!

The road race Honda/Acura guys use the 4-1 design.
Ussually, a 4-2-1 design is better for mid range power while still making better than stock power at the top. This is the choice of most people since this is where they spend most of their driving time. A 4-1 header will generally give more top end power but sometimes it will sacrifice the lower rpm power. Road racers use this design frequently because they rarely (if ever) use the lower half of the powerband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back