Ka24de smelling like gas alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subzero

Ka24de smelling like gas

Like the title says, my engine smells like gas a bit, it smelled this way when I bought it and never really noticed it as being a problem. Even when I passed inspection at Nissan noone seem to notice and I didn't get any negative comments. Neway, My dad's friend today was helping me change my oil filter, and we got close to the car he just said that he tought it really smelled liek gas. But I have no leaks no nothing, he couldn't find nething either he jsut said that it was weird.

Neway, I have alot of respect for him, he's a crazy ingeneer and his comments have troubled my confidence.

So basically, I'm just asking if this smell is normal and if not, what might it be since I have no leaks whatsoever ??

-David

Hey David, hows the new car going?

Anyways, KA24E's are notorious for leaky injectors, so maybe its the same for the DE's. I remember one of my beater S13's had a bad leak on one of the injectors so I relaced them all, but all you should need to do is replace the o-rings on the injectors.

Also look at the fuel filter connections and fuel rail, these are all possibilties. Also the charcoal canister (sort of like a vent for the tank) is in the engine bay, could be a possiblity.

Have you checked under the hood with the car running? Some leaks may only appear when there is pressure in the line so they'll be easier to see when its running.

Hope it helps, let me know.

SOHC240 said:
Hey David, hows the new car going?

Anyways, KA24E's are notorious for leaky injectors, so maybe its the same for the DE's. I remember one of my beater S13's had a bad leak on one of the injectors so I relaced them all, but all you should need to do is replace the o-rings on the injectors.

Also look at the fuel filter connections and fuel rail, these are all possibilties. Also the charcoal canister (sort of like a vent for the tank) is in the engine bay, could be a possiblity.

Have you checked under the hood with the car running? Some leaks may only appear when there is pressure in the line so they'll be easier to see when its running.

Hope it helps, let me know.
Hey man, Yea I'm totally in love, shes runing great everything is A1 just this smell that got me worried.

So far I've only checked the obvious, found nothing. I tried looking while running, didn't notice nething either. It doesn't smell when running, only once parked. Dunno, might be the injectors, I'll try and find someone that can check that out for me.

thx for the help dude, hope to see you in a meet sometime soon *tu*

Glad to hear your happy :)

Anyways if an injector is leaking substancially there should be a little pool of fuel collecting under the injector, or at least a sign of something. Fuel will usually leave a stain after it has dried, if its clean under the hood it should be easy enough to spot.

SOHC240 said:
Glad to hear your happy :)

Anyways if an injector is leaking substancially there should be a little pool of fuel collecting under the injector, or at least a sign of something. Fuel will usually leave a stain after it has dried, if its clean under the hood it should be easy enough to spot.
Sweet, I'll check it out tomorow! thx again

u probably have a worn seal, like SOHC240 said, maybe injector, just check lines while the car is on and the leak should be visible, smeeling gas is 99% of the time a leak, its there somewhere, good luck

speed racer said:
u probably have a worn seal, like SOHC240 said, maybe injector, just check lines while the car is on and the leak should be visible, smeeling gas is 99% of the time a leak, its there somewhere, good luck

mike what do you know about nissan? stick with ur honda douche bag. haha jk :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back