2007 Dodge Caliber

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnadile

Hi,

Is it a SUV(its advertised as one) or a Station wagon?

Just looking for some info/reviews on it.

Has anyone ever driven one? Does anyone have one?

Could it seat a person who is 6'2 in it comfortably?

And anything else i should know if im looking to buy it.

J'ai été les voirs, et ça na rien d'un suv, c'est tres petit

en avant on est confortable, je mesure aussi 6'2''

mais en arriere oublie ça, je crois que ya moin de place qu'une néon, bref jai vraiment été décu par l'espace, et sur photo le char semble haut, en vrai, il est vraiment bas

It's a crossover, it's deffinitely higher then most cars, it sits you higher then what I'm used to so you have a good view of the road, but it deffinitely is not a "tall" car. I'd say it's similar in hight to something like a volvo xc70 (cross country). It's a nice car for the money, my girlfriend ended up buying one. Within the 15k-20k range in new cars it's a great buy because it's got tons more options, is better equipped, and just plane nicer then the chevy cobalts and pontiac persuits which look and feel like little toy plastic cars when you sit in them. The car is a mercedes b200 frame with dodge skin and the engine is a 2.0L mitsubishi/hyundai colaboration. It's relatively responsive for a 4 cyl. in a big car like that but the CVT2 transmission takes some getting used to. I have not driven the manual transmission version (only available with a 1.8L base engine) but I have heard that it is not the greatest. The car puts out 156hp and is adequately powered on the highway, but the CVT2 transmission works in such a way that you do not feel the changing of gears which is something I'm not used to at all so I'm a little undecided on it. Supposedly the transmission is excellent on gas, so we'll see. The only negative about the whole purchase is that we still don't have the car! They are brand new and not many dealers have many in stock. She ordered the SXT sport package (24E) which came with 17" rims, 2 toned cloth seats and a few other extras. We were told the wait is about 6-8 weeks, and it's been almost 4, service has been great so far at des sources dodge, and the 4.5% interest rate isn't so bad either.

Wow thanks guys get review. I think im gonna stick with buying a Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 2003. Thanks

Snake_Charmer said:
pourquoi y'ont mis une frigidaire pis une genre de radio dans la valise....

quel bébèlle...

They're little gadgets that apparently attract a younger market I suppose. The tailgate speakers are an option, so it's no big deal. Still a much nicer car then anything GM has in the same price range. Those pursuits and cobalts are soo poorly made and designed that sitting in them gives me the feeling of beeing in a 4 wheel plastic garbage can! Blech...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back