Ka24de choking ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subzero

Ka24de choking at high rpm ??

Neway, I was driving my friend's S14 and when I floor it and get near the 5krpm range its start to sound like its choking or somehting, losing all power and really sounds a lot louder. Dunno if I explained well but does neone have an ideo on why this would be? I had the problem in 1st and 3rd gear :dunno:

my friend has a ae92 and the same thing happens when he make it rev it sounds like the engine is gonna die ... this only happens when he has - then half of the gas tank full... weird

could be a failing fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, obstuction in the fuel lines, clogged injector/failing injector, sticking valve, timing... etc...

good luck, i have somwhat of the same problem just add smoke :p

well, i have fixed my stumble problem it seems, so in light of my good mood, i decided to try and help you a little bit more, the following is an outtake from the service manual:

faulty acceleration:
possible causes: improper fuel pump stroke, incorect ignition timing, leaking valves, or worn fuel pump diaphram/piston.

as for the fix for my problem, well the person who had my car before me bought an aftermarket air intake, and it had no place to put the air temp sensor, and also didnt have an outlet for a part that was also supposed to be getting air, so in light of this, he just decided to stuff the hole that was supped to be getting air with the air temp sensor....

bought the stock airbox today, hooked it all up, and my problem seems to be gone (i hope)

also, if you wish to look through the service manual, i could send it to you, just send me a PM.

best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back