port and polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i guess you want maximum flow outta them intake and exhaust ports?

remember this is my home made way of enlarging the ports yourself and if you have the tools it can be done. If you got the dollars go and get it done professionally and pay the guys to do it.

i suggest you get a good nice torquey drill and buy some flap wheels.
start off with 60 grit (removes alot of material) and finish with 120 or higher (to polish the surface).
the flap wheels Ii find will keep the diameter relatively round and symmetrical throughout the length of the port you are enlarging. Much better than some other homemade ways using a dremel or rotary tool. I find the outcome of these rotary tools to be rough but i guess if you hav alot of experienced using them it can be good as well. but for me a drill does wonders and no need to worry about going oval etc...
there will be alot of aluminum filings anbd a shop vac is handy to have.

i guess there youhave it home made port and polish ghetto style!:bigup:

i use dremel, drill and diegrinder !!
i have not completly polish the intake to keep the (atomisation) of the gas great !

it would be nice to see youin action with the dremel with some pics.
steady hands is not what i have ehn using a dremel. Dremel for me is used to cut ABS plastics to mod radios into hard to fit dashes etc...

a mon avis, un bon porting peut seulement etre fait avec de l'experience et un flowbench. meme que si tu port mal, ton air circuleras encore moins bien resultant une performance moindre que la tete originale. mais hey, si ca a reussis, good for u, je le ferais quand meme checker sur un flowbench

c ce que je vais faire !!!
je vais surement appeler tk demain car je veut etre sur que jai pas fait de la job de cochon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back