Sr20det Question--- Exhaust Question!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfinturf

Banned
Hey guys, im really sorry if its a repeat Q. Ive looked all over the net to try n find an answer for this but I couldnt to back to MR, and you SR Geeks who will surley know.

I got my Exhaust today ( USED ) and after getting it home to clean it I realized it was only 2.5 inch piping. My intercooler piping is 2.75 and the FMIC I have a GIGANTIC. Will this Stop me from boosting at 12 PSI???

the bent goes Something like this : PARDON MY BOOTLEG PICTURE
____l____
= JASMA ==
________ \ \ ______CAT
l \ \_______________CLAMP+GASKET_____/ _____to DP
\ _______________ & CAT????????______/

THEN IT BOLTS to My Downpipe which is 2.5 in and 3" Out. Thank you gys in advance if you can tell me if this stupid bootleg pic will work on my coupe before I go try to bolt it on. and if 2.5 is not enough, ill go buy a 3" Because some people say its enough, some say no its not enough. Any help will do.

2.5 would be fine at low boost if your downpipe was also 2.5, but since the end of your downpipe is 3", get a 3" exhaust or you might have some flow problems. Also, 12psi is to high for 2.5" so if you keep it, youll need to lower ur boost a bit, and the fact that you have a huge intercooler will only give you more turbo lag. And I didn't understand shit from your pic!

F_S13 said:
si tu est stock meme a 12psi le 2.5 pouce est suffisant ...

Tes pas stock si tu run 12psi. lol

And the downpipe does bolt to the cat but if the cat is 3" and the downpiep is 3" then its great, but if the downpipe is 3" and the cat is 2.25" or watever stock size is then it would go like this

_______
...........|_________
............_________
_______|

thats not good for flow.

ok Thanx a Lot guys, I tried the exhaust and Thank God it didnt work. I'll go get the 3" one tomorrow. The downpipe is bolted on already. I have another piping for intercooler roblem. I cant get enough guts to cut and dont know where to cut from. I'll post pics on later so youguys can paint brush n tell me where to saw that big ass aluminium piping. lol Thank you for the guidance and cheers,

Tim

2.75 inch intercooler piping is ****ing GAY if all you have is a T-25...thats llllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggg my friend 2 1/4' to 2.5' max is just the size you need....as for exhaust 2.5inch is ok for 12psi but you should still get a 3'*tu*

There's lots of guys in the UK with GTiR's wwith 2.5" exhaust pushing over 300hp with 1 bar boost. 2.5" exhaust might raise your turbo temp a little, and cost you about 3-4hp over 3" if your only running 12PSi boost. But it's about 3-4db quieter in general

Thanx for the help guys, I'm going to get the #" Exhaust today :) and bolt her up. The Downpipe is 3", so, the reason I got the FMIC PIping so Big is because of plans of upgrding later on. I'm not going to get that much laaaaaggg like that faaag said but I found a S15bb T28 for 250 bux no play or anything. I'm going to change it but no Coin for the Injectors that I'll need to upgrade for future boost rising.

thanx again

3 inch Exhaust Found Apexi-N1 but I need a TEST PIPE About 12 inch or less TEST PIPE, Anyoone with a test pipe pm me and I'll buy it but im at budgets end so im talking pennies here. Cheers
Tim

Haig Suggested a very unique resolution to my test-pipe issue:

Cut the exhaust from the tip where it bolts on to the test-pipe, weld 12 inches of 3 inch pipe and call it a day. :) Thanx for all your help guys, by the way, I have reduced the piping from 2.75 to 2.5 on the exhaust side, left it big on the intake side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back