datsuns + RB26DETT

Status
Not open for further replies.

fafi

Legacy Member
after fast & furious 3 expect this babies to sell like hot cakes....
Aparently there's an old mustang in this movie; with a skyline engine :
And since classic mustangs tend to vary in rarity & price tag, I predict that the next FAD will be with datsuns, although its not the 1st time someone came across this notion & actually build one. i think it we'll be seeing more & more of this monsters!! although not many can afford an actual rb26dett, they may opt for the more affordable SR20DET & such.
check this one out http://autospeed.drive.com.au/cms/A_2655/article.html

datsun.jpg

+
016_rb26_06.jpg

=

2168777_1_full.jpg

(P.S> this stripes car was just an example i have no idea if its actually rb26dett powered but the one on the link is )

Last edited:
Does the engine automatically paint it blue with white stripes and full widebody kit?

In any case, I love the idea! and love that Z!

SubzeroQc said:
Does the engine automatically paint it blue with white stripes and full widebody kit?

In any case, I love the idea! and love that Z!

I gotta hand it to you i hate the stripes but i like the rest maybe i'd opt for some more agressive set of wheels & lower profile

Last edited:
yeah , i definatly want to own a 240/260/280z one day
but with a L series in it, L28 running itb's with 3inch straight exhaust should scare the hell out of anyone :laugh: way more then my stock l16 with a hitashi daf 328 in a rustbucket 510 :laugh:

200sxBoY said:
but with a L series in it, L28 running itb's with 3inch straight exhaust should scare the hell out of anyone :laugh: way more then my stock l16 with a hitashi daf 328 in a rustbucket 510 :laugh:
I used to own 2 280ZX, aaah I miss'em! My plan was to put a RB25det, but 3 project cars at once is not a good idea!:p
The L28 is still a great engine, not as much potential as the RB26dett, but it can hold is share of HP with the right mods.
IMO, the pre-83 Zs are the most beautiful cars ever made!:D

Domspun said:
I used to own 2 280ZX, aaah I miss'em! My plan was to put a RB25det, but 3 project cars at once is not a good idea!:p
The L28 is still a great engine, not as much potential as the RB26dett, but it can hold is share of HP with the right mods.
IMO, the pre-83 Zs are the most beautiful cars ever made!:D
indeed , the sweet ones are the early 240z , the 70-71 one are so sweet
a rb is a very interesting engine , RB30 with RB26head + RB25 tranny with 2 gt35r ... all of this on 4inch exhaust straight pipe :yikes:

so the only thing that gets in front of you in the street is .... hmmm well nothing gets in front of you :run:

SubzeroQc said:
whats the noticeable differences betwee 240s, 60s and 80s ??

the 240 has a L24 2.4l , the 260 has a 2.6l L26 engine , hand the 280 has the 2.8 L28 engine

both are almost the same , just more bore/stroke for L26/L28 , heads/oil pump and most part can be swaped , like i can use a l28 oil pump on my 4cylinder l16

as for visible differences, the quarter's window shape is not the same between 240z and 280z (can't recall if the 260z is like the 240z).

everything from the 260 Up from datsun has HORRIBLE safety bumpers
240Z is the nicest body but also the most expensive of em all
after the 240 they got emissions control and all kinds of gay shit

200sxBoY said:
stillz 510 are sooo hard:bigup: SWAP a SR in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back